The Division of Professional Regulation offers online license verification at no charge. The online information comes directly from the division’s licensure database and is current within seconds. Online license verifications are considered "primary source verifications" for purposes of credentialing. To access this service, click Verify License Online.
If a written license verification is required, please follow the instructions below. Allow 10 business days for processing your request. Written license verifications include name of licensee, type of license, license status, date of licensure, date of expiration and any disciplinary history.
Nursing License Verification
The Division of Professional Regulation provides written license verifications for Nurses only if the verification is for a(n):
- visa screen
- Advanced Practice Nurse license
- Veterans Administration healthcare facility or regional office
If the verification is for one of the purposes listed above, follow the instructions for requesting a written verification below. For all other situations, please do not submit a written verification request. Instead, print out an online verification or go to www.nursys.com.
Physician License Verification
The Division of Professional Regulation provides written verifications of Delaware Physician M.D., Physician D.O., Physician-Limited or ACGME Training licenses only if the verification is for an organization or agency other than another state's licensing board. For example, verifications for a Veterans Administration (VA) facility, insurance companies, hospitals or physician placement firms will be accepted. However, if you need a verification of your license sent to another state, please click VeriDoc. Physician licensure verification requests for another state will be rejected.
If you hold a license from the Board of Medical Licensure and Discipline other than Physician M.D., Physician D.O., Physician-Limited or ACGME Training, submit verification requests to the Division following the procedure below. This includes Physician Assistant, Respiratory Care, Acupuncture and Genetic Counselor practitioners. VeriDoc cannot verify these kinds of Delaware licenses.
Requesting Written Verification
- Complete a License Verification Request Form for each licensee for whom you are requesting verification.
- Enclose the correct fee payable by check or money order to “State of Delaware”. Cash and credit cards not accepted. Requests submitted without the required fee will be rejected.
- $25 per license verification requested unless requesting a special verification listed below
- $35 per special verification:
- Pharmacy Internship Hours
- Cosmetology and Barbering Exam Scores or School Hours
- Real Estate Licensure History
- Accountancy CPA Exam Scores—for Delaware CPA Certificate or Permit holders only
- Architect Exam Scores
Note: If you do not hold a Delaware CPA Certificate or Permit, you must order a Candidate Score Transfer from the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA).
- Mail your form and fee as follows:
- [Enter Name of Board or Profession]
Division of Professional Regulation
861 Silver Lake Boulevard, Suite 203
Dover, DE 19904
- We cannot accept faxed or emailed requests.