Before Applying for a Permit
Before submitting an application to the Division of Professional Regulation (the “Division”), you must take the following actions:
- Obtain a Designated Agent’s approval for the event date. The Division will not grant the permit without the Designated Agent’s approval. As Delaware does not have a boxing commission, the Designated Agent will be a representative from another jurisdiction that has a boxing commission. To find out which Designated Agent to contact, call or email:
- Provide the Designated Agent with proof that you have:
- Hired two EMT’s, one of whom is a paramedic, with life-saving equipment and life-saving medicines
- Hired one or more Delaware-licensed physicians to conduct pre- and post-fight physicals and to be on-site during and directly after the event
- Hired security personnel to maintain order and provide for safety during and after the event
- Purchased liability insurance per the requirements of the venue
- Submit the proposed list of matches to the Designated Agent for his review and approval.
- Obtain a Delaware business license from the Division of Revenue.
- Confirm that all fighters have a national MMA ID card/number from their state of residence. If a fighter who resides in Delaware does not have a card/number, follow the instructions on the Application for Mixed Martial Arts National Identification Card.
For more information, see Part C of the Rules and Regulations, including Section 20.0.
Applying for a Permit
When you have obtained the Designated Agent’s approval of the event date, submit the Permit application and remaining supporting documentation listed below at least 30 days before the event .
- Submit completed, signed and notarized Application for Permit to Hold Professional Mixed Martial Arts Event .
- Enclose non-refundable processing fee by check or money order made payable to “State of Delaware.”
- Submit a copy of insurance cards or other documents covering the scheduled event and each participant.
- Complete and enclose
following instructions on the form.
- Promoter is required to post a bond in the amount not less than $10,000.
- The surety company must be authorized to do business in Delaware.
- Send the application, fee and supporting documentation to the address below.
Division of Professional Regulation
ATTN: Combative Sports
861 Silver Lake Blvd. , Suite 203
Dover DE 19904
During the Event (Part C of the Rules and Regulations)
Representatives of the Division of Professional Regulation will be present during the event.
You are required to make the following supplies available at the event:
- Fight gloves (new, no less than 4-oz., approved by the Division’s designated agent)
- Duct tape
- Gauze (one-inch width) and adhesive (one-inch width) for fighter wraps
- Disposable gloves for corner persons
- Water for all fighters and officials
- Clean water buckets
- Stools for both corners
- Hand sanitizer at the equipment table
For more information, see Part C of the Rules and Regulations, including Sections 3.0, 7.0, 18.0 and 20.0.
You are required to reimburse the sanctioning organization for any random drug testing conducted on-site that it deems necessary.