Before Applying for a Permit
Before submitting an application to the Division of Professional Regulation (DPR), take the following actions:
- Obtain a Designated Agent’s approval for the event date. DPR will not grant the permit without the Designated Agent’s approval. As Delaware does not have a boxing commission, the Designated Agent will be a representative from another jurisdiction that has a boxing commission. To find out which Designated Agent to contact, call or email:
- Provide the Designated Agent with proof that you have:
- hired two EMTs, one of whom is a paramedic, with life-saving equipment and life-saving medicines
- hired one or more Delaware-licensed physicians to conduct pre- and post-fight physicals and to be on-site during and directly after the event
- hired security personnel to maintain order and provide for safety during and after the event
- purchased liability insurance per the requirements of the venue.
- Submit the proposed list of matches to the Designated Agent for his review and approval.
For more information, see Part C of the Rules and Regulations, including Section 20.0.
Applying for a Permit
When you have obtained the Designated Agent’s approval of the event date, submit the Permit application and remaining supporting documentation listed below at least 30 days before the event.
- Enclose the non-refundable processing fee by check or money order made payable to “State of Delaware.”
- Submit a copy of insurance cards or other documents covering the scheduled event and each participant.
- Complete and enclose Bond Form following instructions on the form.
- The promoter is required to post a bond in the amount not less than $10,000.
- The surety company must be authorized to do business in Delaware.
- Send the application, fee and supporting documentation to the address below.
Division of Professional Regulation
Attention: Combative Sports
Cannon Building, Suite 203
861 Silver Lake Blvd.
Dover DE 19904
Representatives of the Division of Professional Regulation will be present during the event.
You are required to make the following supplies available at the event:
- Fight gloves (new, no less than 4-oz., approved by the Division’s designated agent)
- Duct tape
- Gauze (one-inch width) and adhesive (one-inch width) for fighter wraps
- Disposable gloves for corner persons
- Water for all fighters and officials
- Clean water buckets
- Stools for both corners
- Hand sanitizer at the equipment table
For more information, see Part C of the Rules and Regulations, including Sections 3.0, 7.0, 18.0 and 20.0.
You must reimburse the sanctioning organization for any random drug testing conducted on-site that it deems necessary.