Who Must Register
Registration to access the Delaware PMP is mandatory (16 Del. C. § 4798(u)) for the following:
- Practitioners (other than veterinarians) who hold a valid Delaware controlled substance registration
- Pharmacists who dispense controlled substances in Delaware.
Who Can Register
Registration to access the Delaware PMP is available to (but not mandatory for) the following:
- Delaware-licensed prescribers who are registering in order to provide medical treatment for a patient
- Delegates who are authorized by a Delaware-licensed practitioner or a Delaware-licensed dispensing pharmacist to access the PMP on the practitioner's or pharmacist's behalf
- Delaware-licensed professional counselors of mental health or chemical dependency professionals whose patient is enrolled in a substance abuse program and is receiving treatment from (or under the direction of) the practitioner
- Chief Medical Examiner (CME) or licensed physician designated by the CME who is registering in order to investigate the death of an individual.
Practitioners or Pharmacists Not Licensed in Delaware
If you are a practitioner or dispensing pharmacist who is not licensed in Delaware and you wish to register to access the Delaware PMP for a patient, contact the Delaware PMP Administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Terms and Conditions
To register for the PMP, read the Terms and Conditions below and then click the check-box.
I certify that I have read 16 Del. C. § 4798 and that I am one of the following:
- Practitioner who holds a valid Delaware controlled substance registration, or
- Prescriber or dispensing pharmacist who is registering in order to provide medical or pharmaceutical treatment to a bona fide patient, or
- Delegate who is authorized by a Delaware-licensed practitioner or a Delaware-licensed dispensing pharmacist to access the PMP on the practitioner's or pharmacist's behalf, or
- Licensed professional counselor of mental health or chemical dependency professional who is registering to request information about a patient enrolled in a substance abuse program and receiving treatment from me or under my direction, or
- Chief Medical Examiner or physician designee who is registering to request information in order to investigate the death of an individual.
I understand that the information in the Delaware PMP is Protected Health Information (PHI) that is legally protected by the Privacy Standards of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) and relevant provisions of Delaware law.
I understand that inappropriate access or disclosure of this information is a felony under Delaware law (16 Del. C. § 4798) which may result in criminal prosecution.
To create your account, click the registration link below and login with the Username and Password shown.