When to File an Application
You are required to obtain a professional license from the Division of Professional Regulation for each mobile salon or shop you are operating in Delaware. File an application when:
- you open (or purchase) a new (or additional) mobile salon/shop
- the ownership of an existing shop or salon is changing (regardless of whether the name is changing)
In addition to the professional license, you are required to obtain a business license from the Division of Revenue for each salon or shop you operate. To apply, visit www.revenue.delaware.gov or call the office for your area:
- Wilmington (302) 577-5800
- Georgetown (302) 856-5358
- Dover (302) 739-5251
Requirements for All Applications
- Submit completed, signed and notarized Application for Registration of Mobile Salon or Shop.
- Enclose processing fee by check or money order made payable to “State of Delaware.” Applications received without the required fee will be rejected.
- Submit completed, signed and notarized Statement of Shop/Salon Professional-in-Charge.
- Enclose detailed floorplan on 8 ½” x 11” paper or blueprints.
- Enclose a copy of the shop's or salon's Delaware Division of Revenue business license.
- Enclose a copy of the vehicle registration card.
All persons providing professional services in the shop/salon must hold the appropriate professional license.
All mobile shops/salons operating in Delaware must comply with the Division of Public Health’s Rules and Regulations on sanitation. See Sanitation Regulations.
What Happens After You Apply
To ensure consideration of your license application at the next Board meeting, the Board office must receive all of the items above no later than 4:30 PM ten full working days before the Board’s meeting date. The Board meets on the last Monday of each month at 9:00 a.m. except for August and December. The meeting calendar and agendas are available online.
Following the meeting, you will be notified in writing of the Board’s decision. If approved, the license will be enclosed. No inspection takes place before the mobile salon/shop opens.