When to Apply
Before applying as for Delaware licensure as a Home Inspector by examination, you must register as a Home Inspector Trainee and complete the required home inspections. Apply for registration as a Home Inspector Trainee if you do not hold a current license as a Home Inspector in another jurisdiction (state, U.S. territory or District of Columbia). If you hold a current Home Inspector license in another jurisdiction, apply by endorsement.
- Submit a completed, signed and notarized Application for Home Inspector Trainee.
- Enclose the non-refundable processing fee by check or money order made payable to “State of Delaware.”
- Arrange for the Board office to receive a
Verification of Home Inspector Trainee Supervision form (included with the application) completed and signed by your supervising Delaware-licensed Home Inspector.
- The supervisor must send the form directly to the Board office.
- If you have more than one supervisor, each supervisor must submit a completed and signed form.
- If you have never been issued a U .S. Social Security Number (SSN), submit a Request for Exemption from Social Security Number Requirement.
When the application is considered complete, the Board will review it at its next meeting. If approved, the Board office will issue your registration..
Completing Required Inspections
At least 75 supervised home inspections are required for Delaware Home Inspector licensure. You may start accumulating the required inspections after your trainee registration is issued. You and your supervising Home Inspector(s) must maintain records of your home inspections on the Experience Log. The Log will be required when you apply for Home Inspector licensure by examination.