Board of Massage and Bodywork
861 Silver Lake Blvd.
Dover, DE 19904
NEW CONTINUING EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS: Starting with the 9/1/2014 – 8/31/2016 licensure period, Certified Massage Technicians as well as Licensed Massage Therapists must complete 24 hours of continuing education (CE) unless licensed or certified fewer than 12 months before the 8/31 expiration date. The 24 hours of CE must include:
- At least three hours in ethics, which you may take online,
- Six hours of elective credits, all of which you may take online,
- 15 hours of core credits, all which you must take in a classroom, hands-on setting – not online.
For complete information on CE requirements, see Section 9.0 of the Rules and Regulations.
Objective and Function
The primary objective of the Delaware Board of Massage and Bodywork is to protect the public from unsafe practices and practices which tend to reduce competition or fix prices for services. The Board must also maintain standards of professional competence
and service delivery. To meet these objectives, the Board
- develops standards for professional competency
- promulgates rules and regulations
- adjudicates complaints against professionals and, when necessary, imposes disciplinary sanctions.
The Board issues licenses to massage therapists and certifications to massage technicians. It also issues temporary certifications to massage technicians.
The Board's statutory authority is in 24 Del. C., Chapter 53.
The Board meets on the third Thursday of each month at 1:30 p.m., with the exception of July and December. All meetings are open to the general public and are held in the Cannon Building, 861 Silver Lake Boulevard, in Dover.
To ensure that business (such as a license application) is on the agenda for the Board's consideration at its next meeting, submit all documentation to the Board office no later than 4:30 PM ten full working days before the meeting date.