Requirements for All Applicants
The following summarizes the documentation requirements for all applicants. The application form may request additional documentation based on your answers to the questions.
- Submit completed, signed and notarized Application for Licensure as an Acupuncture Detoxification Specialist.
- Enclose the non-refundable processing fee by check or money order made payable to “State of Delaware.”
- Complete the Criminal History Record Check Authorization form to request State of Delaware and Federal Bureau of Investigation criminal background checks. Follow the instructions on the form to arrange to be fingerprinted.
- Arrange for the Board office to receive documentation that you have successfully completed the National Acupuncture Detoxification Association (NADA) auricular point protocol training program. Documentation must be sent directly from the NADA to the Board office.
- Arrange for the Board office to receive verification from the NADA that you are a current member in good standing. Verification must be sent directly from the NADA to the Board office.
- Complete, sign and submit the Delaware Child Protection Registry Request Form to the Department of Services for Children, Youth & Their Families following the instructions on the form.
- If you were not NADA-certified before 7/27/2010, arrange for a “letter of good standing” to be sent to the Board directly from each jurisdiction where you hold, or have ever held, a healthcare license or certificate.
- If you were NADA-certified before 7/27/2010, you do not have to provide proof of licensure/certification in a healthcare profession.
- The jurisdiction’s seal must be affixed to the verification. Internet or faxed verifications will not be accepted.
- If you have never been issued a U.S. Social Security Number (SSN), submit a Request for Exemption from Social Security Number Requirement.