To renew your license, you will be required to attest that you have completed mandatory training required by Delaware law on
- how to recognize child sexual and physical abuse, exploitation and domestic violence, and
- your reporting obligations under the Medical Practice Act and 16 Del. C. §903.
The mandatory training is required by Section 1723 of the Medical Practice Act, effective August 1, 2010. It applies to everyone licensed by the Board of Medical Licensure and Discipline including Physician Assistants, Respiratory Care Practitioners, Paramedics, Genetic Counselors, Eastern Medicine Practitioners, Acupuncture Practitioners, Acupuncture Detoxification Specialists, Midwifery Practitioners, and Polysomnographers as well as Physicians.
The mandatory training has been approved by the Medical Society of Delaware for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit ™.
Where to Take the Mandatory Training
The mandatory training must meet the requirements of the Child Protection Accountability Commission (CPAC). To meet these requirements, take the online training course entitled 2017 Delaware Mandatory Reporting Training.
- To register for the training, go to http://ocade.server.tracorp.com/. When you register, select Medical Professionals on the Group Code drop-down.
- If you have previously used the training site, enter your username and password. To reset your password, click Forgot Password? to access the password reset button.
- If you have any technical issues with the training site, email Jessica Begley at email@example.com.
Answers to Your Questions
Question: What are the CPAC requirements for the mandatory training?
Answer: To satisfy the mandatory training requirement, the training must :
- address how to recognize child abuse and domestic violence,
- provide Delaware-specific information on reporting child abuse, and
- last at least one hour.
Question: Do I have to complete the mandatory training before I renew my license?
Answer: Yes. You must complete the training before every renewal, and you must attest to completing the training on your renewal application. Failure to do so will delay renewal of your license.
Question: Where can I find the law that requires this training?
Answer: Click on License Law and scroll down to §1723. Or, go to www.dpr.delaware.gov – click Medical Practice, then click License Law, then on Subchapter III. When you get to Subchapter III, scroll down to §1723.