Objective and Function
The primary objective of the Delaware Board of Pharmacy is to promote, preserve, and protect the public health, safety, and welfare. To meet this objective, the Board
- maintains a registry of drug outlets that manufacture, produce, sell, and distribute drugs, medications, and other materials used to diagnose and prevent illness and disease and to treat injury
- monitors the outlets to ensure safe practices
- develops standards for professional competency
- promulgates rules and regulations
- adjudicates complaints against professionals and, when necessary, imposes disciplinary sanctions.
The Board issues licenses to pharmacists and pharmacy interns. It also licenses pharmacies (both in Delaware and elsewhere), pharmaceutical manufacturers and distributors, medical gas dispensers and retail businesses that sell non-controlled prescription drugs for veterinary use.
The Board's statutory authority is in 24 Del. C., Chapter 25.
The Board meets the third Wednesday of every month, with the exception of July and December. All meetings are open to the general public and are held in the Cannon Building, 861 Silver Lake Boulevard, in Dover.
To ensure that business (such as a license application) is on the agenda for the Board's consideration at its next meeting, submit all documentation to the Board office no later than 4:30 PM ten full working days before the meeting date.
UPDATE ON e-PRESCRIPTIONS: For the latest news on the status of e-prescribing in Delaware and around the nation, click e-Prescribing Update .
Phone - Fax - Email
861 Silver Lake Blvd.
Dover, DE 19904