When to Register as an Intern

File this application form to register as a Delaware Pharmacist Intern if you:

  • graduated from a school or college of pharmacy outside the U.S . , and
  • have already passed an equivalence exam recognized by the Board, such as the Foreign Pharmacy Graduate Examination Committee Certification (FPGEC), and
  • wish to work in a Delaware Pharmacy to attain required hours of pre-licensure experience.

If you graduated from school or college of pharmacy in the U.S . , file the Application for Registration of Internship-U.S. School form instead.

If you have graduated and wish to take the NAPLEX, you must also submit an Application for Pharmacist Licensure by Examination or Score Transfer form.

Internship Program

To be licensed as a Pharmacist in Delaware, you must provide proof that you have completed 1500 hours of pre-licensure experience. The 1500 hours may include a combination of the following:

  • Internship hours transferred from another jurisdiction(s) where you worked under the supervision of a licensed pharmacist preceptor
  • Internship hours you work in a Delaware pharmacy under supervision of a Delaware-licensed pharmacist preceptor.

To work as an Intern in a Delaware pharmacy, you must select a Delaware-licensed Pharmacist as your preceptor.

  • The preceptor must agree agree to provide you with the experience outlined in the Board’s Practical Experience Program .
  • When you complete your internship hours or end your relationship with a preceptor, the preceptor must submit the completed Affidavit of Intern Experience form.
  • If your preceptor changes, you must submit a new Affidavit of Preceptor form within ten calendar days of the change.

For information on the internship program, read the Practical Experience Program for Pharmacy Preceptors and Interns.

Requirements for All Applications

The following items are required of all applicants. All auxiliary forms that you may need are included with the application.

  • Enclose non-refundable processing fee by check or money order made payable to “State of Delaware.”
  • Submit a copy of your FPGEC certificate. For information on the FPGEC certification program, see FPGEC on the NABP website.
  • Arrange for the Board office to receive the signed, notarized Affidavit of Preceptor form, sent directly from your preceptor to the Board office.