Businesses That Must Register as Vendors
Businesses that wish to manufacture and sell tamper-resistant prescription forms for use by Delaware healthcare practitioners must register with the Delaware Division of Professional Regulation (DPR). When approved as an authorized vendor…
- DPR will issue a Vendor ID to the business.
- DPR will list registered vendors on its website.
The purpose of tamper-resistant prescription forms is to reduce prescription fraud. Rules and Regulations set forth not only specifications on how the forms are designed and printed but also related security requirements for access to materials and processing orders. Registered vendors are required to fully comply with these rules and are subject to unannounced inspection. A Quick Reference Guide is also available on DPR’s website.
Only the following persons and institutions are authorized to purchase tamper-resistant prescription forms in Delaware:
- Healthcare practitioners who hold an active Delaware professional license with prescriptive authority (e.g., physicians, dentists)
- Institutions that DPR has registered to purchase prescription forms on behalf of their practitioners (e.g., hospitals)
DPR will supply Security Codes to all authorized purchasers in Delaware. When placing orders, purchasers must provide their Security Code to the vendor.
Before filling any orders from a purchaser, vendors are required to verify that the persons or institutions placing orders are authorized purchasers as explained above. To assist vendors, a Provider Verification System (PVS) is available on DPR’s website. When registering with DPR, vendors must designate at least two representatives to use the PVS. These designated vendor representatives will also be registered with DPR, and only they will be permitted to access to the PVS. When the vendor’s application is approved, the registered vendor representatives will receive instructions for using the PVS. Using the purchaser’s Security Code and other data from the order, registered vendor representatives will log on and query PVS to assure that the person or institution placing the order is an authorized purchaser.
Requirements for All Applications
- Submit completed, signed and notarized Application for Registration as a Vendor of Tamper-Resistant Prescription Forms .
- Each designated Vendor Representative must complete and sign a Registration of Vendor Representative, which is included as a section of the application.
- Enclose $250 processing fee by check or money order made payable to “State of Delaware.”
- Enclose copy of State of Delaware business license issued by the Division of Revenue.
- Enclose proof of current comprehensive general liability insurance.