File this application after you have passed the salesperson examination. For information on the examination, see the Pearson VUE website (testing service).
The application asks you whether you are applying by examination or reciprocity.
- If you hold a current, active real estate license in another jurisdiction (state, the District of Columbia or U.S. territory), apply for a reciprocal license.
- If you do not hold a current, active real estate license in another jurisdiction, apply by examination.
Requirements for All Applicants
The following are required regardless of whether you are applying by examination or reciprocity.
- Submit a completed, signed and notarized Application for Real Estate Salesperson Licensure.
- Enclose the non-refundable Salesperson processing fee plus $25 Guaranty Fund fee (24 Del. C. §2922) by check or money order made payable to "State of Delaware".
- If your name on any document you submit differs from your name on the application form, submit a copy of legal document showing name change (e.g., marriage license, divorce decree, etc.).
- Arrange for the broker of record for the office you enter in the REAL ESTATE EMPLOYMENT section to complete and sign the STATEMENT OF BROKER OF RECORD box.
- If the STATEMENT OF BROKER OF RECORD box is unsigned, the application will be rejected.
- The office you enter in the REAL ESTATE EMPLOYMENT section must have an active office permit.
- Arrange for the Commission office to receive a Certificate of Licensure History to be sent directly to the Commission office from each jurisdiction (state, U.S. territory or District of Columbia) where you have ever held any kind of real estate license.
- The Certificate(s) must be dated within 30 days of the application.
- If you are applying for a reciprocal license, the Additional Requirements for Applicants Applying for a Reciprocal License section below explains when the Certificate must show three years of continuous licensure.
- If you have never been issued a U.S. Social Security Number (SSN), submit a Request for Exemption from Social Security Number Requirement.
Additional Requirement for Applicants by Examination
If you are applying by examination, you must submit the following in addition to the items listed in Requirements for All Applicants section above.
- Submit a copy of the certificate that you received when you completed the 99-hour Delaware salesperson’s pre-licensing course.
- Submit the original score report that you received from Pearson VUE when you passed the general and Delaware law portions of the salesperson’s examination.
Additional Requirements for Applicants Applying for a Reciprocal License
If you are applying for a reciprocal license, you must provide the following in addition to the items listed in Requirements for All Applicants section above:
- Submit the original score report that you received from Pearson VUE when you passed the Delaware law portion of the salesperson’s examination.
- Submit one of the following:
- Copy of the certificate received when you completed the Delaware law portion of the salesperson’s pre-licensing course
- Copy of the certificate received when you completed another jurisdiction’s pre-licensing salesperson’s course of at least 99 hours
- Certificate of Licensure History showing that you have been licensed continuously for the three years immediately before this application and a completed, signed Sales or Lease Transaction Listing form(s) listing 20 sales or lease transactions that you completed during the three years immediately before your application. Follow the instructions on the form.
Note: Time share and property management transactions are not considered as eligible sales or lease transactions.