When to Apply
File the Application for Licensed or Certified Appraiser by Reciprocity when you hold current Real Property Appraiser (RPA) licensure/certification in another jurisdiction (state, U.S. territory or District of Columbia) and the classification is the same as you want in Delaware. If you do not hold current RPA licensure/certification in the classification you want in any jurisdiction, you must apply by examination.
- Submit completed, signed and notarized Application for Licensed or Certified Appraiser by Reciprocity.
- Enclose non-refundable processing fee by check or money order made payable to “State of Delaware.”
- Complete the Criminal History Record Check Authorization form to request State of Delaware and Federal Bureau of Investigation criminal background checks. Follow the instructions on the authorization form to arrange to be fingerprinted.
- Submit the Federal Registry fee by check or money order payable to the "State of Delaware”
- If your license is approved between July 1 of odd years and October 31 of even years, the fee is $80.
- If your license is approved between November 1 of even years and June 30 of odd years, the fee is $40.
- The Federal Registry fee is in addition to the processing fee. If you do not enclose it with the application when you file it, you must pay it before the license is issued.
- If you have never been issued a U.S. Social Security Number (SSN), submit a Request for Exemption from Social Security Number Requirement.