When to File
If you hold a current license or certificate as a manufactured home installer in another jurisdiction (state, U.S. territory, District of Columbia), follow these instructions to apply for a license as a Manufactured Home Installer by reciprocity. If you do not hold a current license or certificate, see Manufactured Home Installer – Original Licensure.
Requirements for All Applications
The following are required for all applications.
- Enclose the non-refundable processing fee by check or money order made payable to “State of Delaware.”
- Enclose a copy of your birth certificate, passport, an identification card issued by the State of Delaware or driver’s license issued by the State of Delaware to prove that you are at least 18 years old.
- If your name is different on any submitted documents, provide a copy of a legal document showing your name change.
- Arrange for the Board office to receive proof that you or your employer hold a surety bond or irrevocable letter of credit for at least $10,000, sent directly to the Board office from the bond company.
- Your name must be shown on the bond or letter.
- If a letter of credit is submitted, it must be issued by a federally-insured financial institution.
- If a bond is submitted, the Division of Professional Regulation must be listed as the bond holder.
- Arrange for the Board office to receive proof of liability insurance in the amount of at least $100,000, sent directly to the Board office from the insurance company. Your name must be listed on the liability insurance documentation.
- Arrange for the Board office to receive letters of good standing from all jurisdictions (state, U.S. territory or District of Columbia) where you have ever been licensed as a Manufactured Home Installer, sent directly from each jurisdiction to the Board office.
The person or entity who maintain the surety bond or irrevocable letter of credit or who maintains the liability insurance is responsible for all acts or omissions of the licensed installer and also those supervised by the installer or assisting the installer in the installation of manufactured housing.
As a licensed installer, you must notify the Board in writing, within seven days if any of the following occurs:
- The surety bond or irrevocable letter of credit changes or is cancelled.
- The liability insurance changes or is cancelled.
In addition, the employer must notify the Board if he/she terminates the employment of any licensee who is covered by the employer’s liability insurance or by the employer’s surety bond or irrevocable letter of credit.