When to Apply
The purpose of a Temporary Massage Technician Certification is to allow you to practice while you complete the educational requirements. You can submit an application for Temporary Massage Technician Certification if you:
The temporary certification is valid for one year only. It cannot be renewed, reissued or changed to inactive status.
Information on How to Apply for a License in DELPROS
All applications are submitted our online system DELPROS. We no longer accept paper applications.
PRIOR TO APPLYING
In order to apply for a license or submit a service request, you must first have a DELPROS user account. To LOG IN or CREATE a DELPROS (Delaware Professional Regulation Online Services) user account:
- Go to: https://delpros.delaware.gov/OH_HomePage.
- Click GO on the Apply/Manage a License and Service Requests tile.
- If you do not have a DELPROS user account, click the REGISTER button on the left side of page for NEW USERS.
- If you already have a DELPROS user account, enter your email address and password on the right side for EXISTING USERS and click the LOGIN button.
DELPROS allows you to save your incomplete application and return to it later to finish the process. You only have six (6) months to submit your application once you begin.
- If you do not submit your application within six months of starting it, you will be required to restart the entire online application again.
You may check the status of your application online throughout the entire application process by using the “View Application Status” feature in DELPROS on your e-License dashboard.
KNOW YOUR REQUIREMENTS AND COLLECT YOUR DOCUMENTS
- Know the requirements for the license you are pursuing.
- Request and gather all documents required to upload on the Attachments page. All information and forms are located on your profession’s webpages.
ATTACHING AND ACKNOWLEDGING DOCUMENTS
On the ATTACHMENTS page of your application, you may be instructed to:
- either “attach” or “upload” the required document(s) directly to your application. This means you will find the document(s) saved on your computer or device and upload it to your application, or .
- click “acknowledge” . This means you will either mail the documents yourself or request the “third-party” to mail the document(s) directly to the Board office.
- Examples of “third-party forms” are transcripts from schools, employment verifications from a supervisor, or license verifications from another state.
- Forms requiring a supervisor signature, seal, or notary may have to be MAILED to the Board office directly UNLESS the document specifically indicates to UPLOAD the document.
In addition to submitting the application and fee in DELPROS, you must submit:
- A copy of your current CPR certification card (front and back). Online CPR courses are NOT accepted.
- An official transcript from your massage school or approved program. The transcript must be sent directly to the Board office and have contact information for the school or program director. See Section 6.0 of the Board’s Rules and Regulations.
- The transcript must show that you have completed at least 200 hours of supervised in-class study as a student in a school of massage/bodywork. The school or program of training must include a curriculum of no less than:
- 50 hours of anatomy and physiology
- 110 hours of theory and technique
- 25 hours of ethics, law and contraindications
- 15 hours of elective courses in the field of massage therapy.
- Proof that the State has approved the school or program.
- An example of proof accepted is a copy of the certificate of approval issued by the State. You may obtain the certificate from either your school or the State agency responsible for approving the school/program.
- The approval must cover the period during which you attended the school/program.
- A copy of the school or program catalog.
- State of Delaware and Federal Bureau of Investigation criminal background checks (CBC). Follow the instructions on the Criminal History Record Check Authorization form to arrange to be fingerprinted. Submit the forms and payment to the State Bureau of Identification (SBI). Do not send these forms to the Board office.
- Allow at least four weeks for the SBI to send criminal history records to the Board office.
- A new criminal background check is required even if the person recently had a criminal background check done for some other reason.
- State/Jurisdiction Licensure Verification sent directly to the Board office from each state or jurisdiction in which you currently hold or have ever held a license.