When to Apply
How you apply for a Pharmacist license depends on whether you have passed the North American Pharmacist Licensure Examination (NAPLEX) and, if so, when you passed it, whether you requested a score transfer to Delaware and whether you are already licensed in another jurisdiction (state, U.S. territory or District of Columbia).
Licensure Transfer is the National Association of Boards of Pharmacy (NABP) term for reciprocity. If either of the following situations applies to you, you must apply by Licensure Transfer:
- You passed the NAPLEX less than one year ago but you did not designate Delaware as a score transfer state, or
- You passed the NAPLEX over one year ago and you are currently licensed in another jurisdiction.
If neither of the situations above applies to you, submit a Pharmacist Licensure by Examination or Score Transfer application in DELPROS instead.
Filing Preliminary Application with NABP
NABP’s Electronic Licensure Transfer Program helps pharmacists who hold an active, unrestricted license in good standing to apply for licensure in more jurisdictions. In this program, NABP
- screens your preliminary application
- compiles and verifies the information you provided them (e.g., education, NAPLEX score, licensure history)
- creates an online NABP Official Application for Transfer of Pharmacist License.
Before submitting the licensure transfer application to NAPB, review Delaware’s licensure requirements.
Then submit the licensure transfer preliminary application and fee to NABP following the instructions for Electronic Licensure Transfer on the NABP website . Register to take the MPJE at the same time that you request your NAPB application.
Information on How to Apply for a License in DELPROS
All applications are submitted our online system DELPROS. We no longer accept paper applications.
PRIOR TO APPLYING
In order to apply for a license or submit a service request, you must first have a DELPROS user account. To LOG IN or CREATE a DELPROS (Delaware Professional Regulation Online Services) user account:
- Go to: https://delpros.delaware.gov/OH_HomePage.
- Click GO on the Apply/Manage a License and Service Requests tile.
- If you do not have a DELPROS user account, click the REGISTER button on the left side of page for NEW USERS.
- If you already have a DELPROS user account, enter your email address and password on the right side for EXISTING USERS and click the LOGIN button.
DELPROS allows you to save your incomplete application and return to it later to finish the process. You only have six (6) months to submit your application once you begin.
- If you do not submit your application within six months of starting it, you will be required to restart the entire online application again.
You may check the status of your application online throughout the entire application process by using the “View Application Status” feature in DELPROS on your e-License dashboard.
KNOW YOUR REQUIREMENTS AND COLLECT YOUR DOCUMENTS
- Know the requirements for the license you are pursuing.
- Request and gather all documents required to upload on the Attachments page. All information and forms are located on your profession’s webpages.
ATTACHING AND ACKNOWLEDGING DOCUMENTS
On the ATTACHMENTS page of your application, you may be instructed to:
- either “attach” or “upload” the required document(s) directly to your application. This means you will find the document(s) saved on your computer or device and upload it to your application.
- click “acknowledge.” This means you will either have to mail the documents yourself or request the “third-party” mail the document(s) directly to the Board office.
- Examples of “third-party forms” are transcripts from schools, employment verifications from a supervisor, and license verifications from another state.
- Forms requiring a supervisor signature, seal, or notary may have to be MAILED to the Board office directly UNLESS the document specifically indicates to UPLOAD the document.
The requirements for this license type are provided in the following section(s).
Requirements for Applicants
Like other jurisdictions, you must meet the requirements of the Delaware Board of Pharmacy before a Delaware license is issued. In addition to submitting the Application Supplement and fee in DELPROS, you must:
- A State of Delaware and Federal Bureau of Investigation criminal background check (CBC). Go to the Criminal Background Check Process page to find the Service Code required to obtain a State of Delaware and Federal Bureau of Investigation criminal background check. Once you have your Service Code, you will be directed to the IdentoGO website for instructions to complete the fingerprinting process.
- Criminal background checks completed for any other purpose (e.g., employment, licensure in other states) will not meet this requirement.
- Upload a copy of your original NABP Official Application for Transfer of Pharmacist License into DELPROS. This must be submitted to the Board of Pharmacy within 90 days of NABP’s notification.
- Register to take the Multi-State Pharmacist Jurisprudence Examination (MPJE) on www.nabp.pharmacy.
- Register to take the MPJE before the Board office can make you eligible, it is strongly suggested that you register with NABP at the same time you request the NABP Official Application.
- For help on preparing for the MPJE, see MPJE Study Material.
- When the Board office makes you eligible, NABP will send you an Authorization to Test letter that will explain how to schedule your examination. NABP will notify you of the results.
- If you do not pass the MPJE, you must wait 31 days after failing the exam before you can re-take it. To re-take it, you must re-register on www.nabp.pharmacy and the Board office must re-confirm your eligibility. For more information about re-taking the exams, see Section 1.2 of the Board’s Rules and Regulations.