Before submitting the online application for licensure as an Associate Counselor of Mental Health (LACMH), both the applicant and the supervisor should carefully read all of the instructions, including the counseling experience and supervision requirements.
Information on How to Apply for a License in DELPROS
All applications are submitted our online system DELPROS. We no longer accept paper applications.
PRIOR TO APPLYING
In order to apply for a license or submit a service request, you must first have a DELPROS user account. To LOG IN or CREATE a DELPROS (Delaware Professional Regulation Online Services) user account:
- Go to: https://delpros.delaware.gov/OH_HomePage.
- Click GO on the Apply/Manage a License and Service Requests tile.
- If you do not have a DELPROS user account, click the REGISTER button on the left side of page for NEW USERS.
- If you already have a DELPROS user account, enter your email address and password on the right side for EXISTING USERS and click the LOGIN button.
DELPROS allows you to save your incomplete application and return to it later to finish the process. You only have six (6) months to submit your application once you begin.
- If you do not submit your application within six months of starting it, you will be required to restart the entire online application again.
You may check the status of your application online throughout the entire application process by using the “View Application Status” feature in DELPROS on your e-License dashboard.
KNOW YOUR REQUIREMENTS AND COLLECT YOUR DOCUMENTS
- Know the requirements for the license you are pursuing.
- Request and gather all documents required to upload on the Attachments page. All information and forms are located on your profession’s webpages.
ATTACHING AND ACKNOWLEDGING DOCUMENTS
On the ATTACHMENTS page of your application, you may be instructed to:
- either “attach” or “upload” the required document(s) directly to your application. This means you will find the document(s) saved on your computer or device and upload it to your application.
- click “acknowledge” . This means you will either mail the documents yourself or request the “third-party” to mail the document(s) directly to the Board office.
- Examples of “third-party forms” are transcripts from schools, employment verifications from a supervisor, or license verifications from another state.
- Forms requiring a supervisor signature, seal, or notary may have to be MAILED to the Board office directly UNLESS the document specifically indicates to UPLOAD the document.
In addition to submitting the application and fee in DELPROS, you must submit:
- State of Delaware and Federal Bureau of Investigation criminal background checks (CBC). Follow the instructions on the Criminal History Record Check Authorization form to arrange to be fingerprinted. Submit the forms and payment to the State Bureau of Identification (SBI). Do not send these forms to the Board office.
- Allow at least four weeks for the SBI to send criminal history records to the Board office.
- A new criminal background check is required even if the person recently had a criminal background check done for some other reason.
- Verification of your National Counselor Examination scores (NCE), National Clinical Mental Health Counseling Examination (NCMHCE), or other examination acceptable to the Board as follows:
- If you have passed the NCE or NCMHCE exam, follow the instructions for requesting a score report on the National Board Certified Counselors (NBCC) website.
- If you have passed another exam equivalent to the NCE or NCMHCE, arrange for the organization to send your score report directly to the Board office.
- State/Jurisdiction Licensure Verification sent directly to the Board office from each state or jurisdiction in which you currently hold or have ever held a license.
- An Evaluation of Coursework form and a course catalog or course description when:
- your graduate program of studies is not from a regionally accredited institution of higher education or
- your degree is in a discipline other than clinical mental health counseling or
- you do not have a Master’s degree in clinical mental health counseling with at least 60 graduate semester hours or its equivalent.
- A Planned Direct Supervision form completed and signed by your approved clinical supervisor(s) under whose supervision you will complete the required hours.
- A Planned Professional Counseling Experience form completed and signed by an administrative supervisor. This form is needed if you do not have 30 post-Masters credit hours in the counseling field. It must verify the hours of post-Master’s professional clinical counseling experience that you will receive while not under the direct supervision of an approved clinical supervisor. If you will have more than one period of experience, arrange for a separate form to be completed for each period of experience.