The content and amount of continuing education (CE) that you are required to complete depends on when your license was issued and whether you are a Broker/Associate Broker or a Salesperson. This page summarizes the requirements. However, for complete information on the CE requirements, see Section 13.0 of the Commission’s Rules and Regulations.
First Renewal Period
Required Hours for First Renewal
Use this chart to determine how much CE you must complete for your first renewal as a Broker, Associate Broker or Salesperson in Delaware.
- This chart applies to your first renewal as a Broker or Associate Broker even when you were previously a Delaware-licensed Salesperson.
- This chart does not apply to your first renewal as a Broker or Associate Broker when you changed broker type (that is, from Broker to Associate Broker or vice versa) during the previous two years. In this situation, the amount of required CE is the same as if you had not changed from one broker type to the other.
IF the issue date of your license was…
THEN you must complete…
|5/1/2016 through 10/31/2016
|11/1/2016 through 4/30/2017
|5/1/2017 through 10/31/2017
|11/1/2017 through 4/30/2018
To find the issue date of your license, see Search & Verify Professional License.
Required Content for First Renewal
- If you are a newly-licensed Broker or Associate Broker or if you are a Salesperson licensed by reciprocity, the content of your CE must be based on the required Module Course Contents.
- If you are a newly-licensed Salesperson who was not previously licensed in another jurisdiction, the content of your CE must meet the following requirements:
- You must complete the four Newly-Licensed Salesperson Modules, totaling 12 CE hours, within the first 12 months after your license is issued. These 12 hours will be applied to the required amount of CE hours based on the chart above.
- If your CE requirement is 21 hours based on the chart above, you must complete core modules 1, 5, and 6 listed in Module Course Contents.These three modules are in addition to the required four Newly-Licensed Salesperson Modules that you must complete in your first 12 months of licensure.
- If your CE requirement is 18 hours based on the chart above, you must complete any two of core modules 1, 5 or 6 listed in Module Course Contents. These two modules are in addition to the required four Newly-Licensed Salesperson Modules that you must complete in your first 12 months of licensure.
- If your CE requirement is 12 or 6 hours based on the chart above, you will meet your CE requirement by completing Newly-Licensed Salesperson Modules.
Subsequent Renewal Periods
After the first renewal of your license, you are required to complete 21 CE hours every two years. The content of your CE must be based on the required Module Course Contents.
Following a renewal, a percentage of licensees are selected for audit of their CE. If you submit a late renewal application (that is, after the the expiration date) , your CE will be audited.
When you are audited, you must submit the certificates of attendance for the CE courses that you attended. If you are a newly-licensed Salesperson, this would include the certificates for the four required Newly-Licensed Salesperson Modules.