Division of
Professional Regulation

Frequently Asked Licensing Questions

The drop-down below links to all the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) on the Division of Professional Regulation website. Use the scroll bar to find the FAQs you want, select the topic and click the "GO" button.

Question: The application I am filing requires me to obtain State of Delaware and Federal Bureau of Investigation criminal background checks. I am outside the United States. How do I submit my fingerprints to obtain the criminal background checks?

Answer: You may print a FD-258 fingerprint form available on the Federal Bureau of Investigation website at, choose Stats & Services, then Identity History Summary Checks, then FD-258 Fingerprint Card. You may print the form on regular paper. Take the form to your local police agency to be fingerprinted. When you have the fingerprints, follow the instructions on the Criminal History Record Check Authorization form, included with your application form, to submit your fingerprints to the Delaware State Bureau of Identification.

Related Topics:  , , , , , , , , , , , ,