Lists of disciplinary actions for professional licensees in the state of Delaware are available through Delaware’s Open Data Portal at no cost. Board Orders associated with disciplinary actions are available on the Division’s website. Instructions are provided below for obtaining disciplinary lists as well as accessing Board Orders.
A complete list of disciplinary actions for all licenses issued by the Division of Professional Regulation can be accessed through the Delaware Open Data Portal. Once you access the list, you can manipulate the data to find the information you desire by using filters. Below are instructions for accessing the list from the Open Data Portal.
- Access the Open Data Portal at: https://data.delaware.gov/.
- Scroll down and click the Blue box that says Licenses and Certifications.
- Scroll down and click Disciplinary Actions for Professional and Occupational Licensees.
- Click the blue View Data box next to the heading.
- On the right of the screen, click the blue Filter button to add a Profession ID filter.
- Under the Filter options, click the dropdown arrow next to “Last Name”, click on Profession ID.
- Type the profession name in the text box then click the checkbox next to it.
- For example, for the profession of Nursing , type: Nursing and Controlled Substance, type: Controlled Substance (entire profession name with no spaces before or after the profession’s name and no abbreviations).
- This will give you all licensees for the selected profession that have had disciplinary action.
- To add additional filters for other items such as license type, name, disciplinary action, change the Profession ID to another selected filter type, i.e. License Type, and then add type in exact information in the filter textbox “Licensed Practical Nurse” and mark the checkbox next to that new filter.
- Click the “x” in the Filter options to close it.
- To convert the data into an excel document, click the light blue Export button next to the Filter option.
Additionally you may watch the Open Data Portal Video Guides to provide you with further instructions interacting with the data site.
Board Orders related to the disciplinary actions can be viewed by looking up the specific practitioner on the Division of Professional Regulation website using the following link:
Board Orders are available at the bottom of the screen under Public Documents.