Click HERE for Important Information for Licensees struggling with mental health or substance abuse issues

If you are unable to reach us by phone, submit your inquiry via email at More Info logo
Division of
Professional Regulation

Dietitian / Nutritionist Licensure

When to Apply

Apply by CDR Registration if:

  • You are currently a CDR-registered dietician.

Apply by Examination if:

  • You have not passed any diet/nutrition certification/registration exams OR
  • You have passed a diet/nutrition certification/registration exam other than the CDR exam

Apply by Reciprocity if:

  • You hold a current dietitian or nutritionist registration, license or certification in another jurisdiction, but are not CDR-registered AND at least one jurisdiction where you are currently licensed must have licensure standards at least equal to Delaware’s licensure standards.

Information on How to Apply for a License in DELPROS

All applications are submitted our online system DELPROS. We no longer accept paper applications.


In order to apply for a license or submit a service request, you must first have a DELPROS user account. To LOG IN or CREATE a DELPROS (Delaware Professional Regulation Online Services) user account:

  1. Go to:
  2. Click GO on the Apply/Manage a License and Service Requests tile.
  3. If you do not have a DELPROS user account, click the REGISTER button on the left side of page for NEW USERS.
  4. If you already have a DELPROS user account, enter your email address and password on the right side for EXISTING USERS and click the LOGIN button.

DELPROS allows you to save your incomplete application and return to it later to finish the process. You only have six (6) months to submit your application once you begin.

  • If you do not submit your application within six months of starting it, you will be required to restart the entire online application again.

You may check the status of your application online throughout the entire application process by using the “View Application Status” feature in DELPROS on your e-License dashboard.


  1. Know the requirements for the license you are pursuing.
  2. Request and gather all documents required to upload on the Attachments page. All information and forms are located on your profession’s webpages.


On the ATTACHMENTS page of your application, you may be instructed to:

  • either “attach” or “upload” the required document(s) directly to your application. This means you will find the document(s) saved on your computer or device and upload it to your application.
  • click “acknowledge” . This means you will either have to mail the documents yourself or request the “third-party” mail the document(s) directly to the Board office.
    • Examples of “third-party forms” are transcripts from schools, employment verifications from a supervisor, and license verifications from another state.
  • Forms requiring a supervisor signature, seal, or notary may have to be MAILED to the Board office directly UNLESS the document specifically indicates to UPLOAD the document.

The requirements for this license type are provided in the following section(s).

Requirements for All Applicants

In addition to submitting the application and fee in DELPROS, you must submit:

  • State/Jurisdiction Licensure Verification sent directly to the Board office from each state or jurisdiction in which you currently hold or have ever held a license.

All applicants have additional requirements to submit. You only have to submit the additional documentation listed under the section of your application type.

CDR Registration Applicants

In addition to submitting the application, fee, and supporting documentation required in the previous section in DELPROS, you must also submit:

  • A copy of your current CDR registration card.
  • An original or electronic Credential Verification sent directly from CDR to the Board office. To request the Credential Verification, visit the CDR website at

For information on the examination and other testing issues, visit

Examination Applicants

In addition to submitting the application, fee, and supporting documentation required in the section above for all applicants, you must also submit:

  • U.S. Educated – Official transcript(s) from the college/university showing that you have a minimum of a baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university in the U.S. and that your major course of study was in human nutrition, nutrition education, food and nutrition, dietetics or food systems management. For more information on the education requirement, see 24 Del. C. §3806(a)(1) and (2).
  • Foreign Educated – Proof (e.g., credential evaluation) showing that your nutrition education received outside the U.S. or U.S. territories is equivalent to the required U.S. education. For more information, see 24 Del. C. §3806(a)(1).
  • If you have already passed a dietetics/nutrition certification/registration examination(s), arrange for the Board office to receive verification of passing each exam.

Reciprocity Applicants

In addition to submitting the application, fee, and supporting documentation required in the section above for all applicants, you must also submit:

  • Copies of or links to the licensing and/or practice law and regulations on dietetics/nutrition for each jurisdiction where you are currently licensed. The Board will compare the laws and regulations of Delaware to those of the other jurisdictions to verify that you can apply by reciprocity.

Remember, if you are CDR Registered, apply by CDR because of the simpler requirements and less of a wait for approval.


Related Topics:  , ,