Apply by reciprocity if you already hold a current Occupational Therapist (OT) license in another jurisdiction.
Apply by examination if:
- you do not hold a current Occupational Therapist license in another jurisdiction AND
- you have passed the NBCOT OTA exam OR
- you hold an active Delaware license as an Occupational Therapist Assistant and wish to upgrade your license to an Occupational Therapist license.
Information on How to Apply for a License in DELPROS
All applications are submitted our online system DELPROS. We no longer accept paper applications.
PRIOR TO APPLYING
In order to apply for a license or submit a service request, you must first have a DELPROS user account. To LOG IN or CREATE a DELPROS (Delaware Professional Regulation Online Services) user account:
- Go to: https://delpros.delaware.gov/OH_HomePage.
- Click GO on the Apply/Manage a License and Service Requests tile.
- If you do not have a DELPROS user account, click the REGISTER button on the left side of page for NEW USERS.
- If you already have a DELPROS user account, enter your email address and password on the right side for EXISTING USERS and click the LOGIN button.
DELPROS allows you to save your incomplete application and return to it later to finish the process. You only have six (6) months to submit your application once you begin.
- If you do not submit your application within six months of starting it, you will be required to restart the entire online application again.
You may check the status of your application online throughout the entire application process by using the “View Application Status” feature in DELPROS on your e-License dashboard.
KNOW YOUR REQUIREMENTS AND COLLECT YOUR DOCUMENTS
- Know the requirements for the license you are pursuing.
- Request and gather all documents required to upload on the Attachments page. All information and forms are located on your profession’s webpages.
ATTACHING AND ACKNOWLEDGING DOCUMENTS
On the ATTACHMENTS page of your application, you may be instructed to:
- either “attach” or “upload” the required document(s) directly to your application. This means you will find the document(s) saved on your computer or device and upload it to your application.
- click “acknowledge.” This means you will either have to mail the documents yourself or request the “third-party” mail the document(s) directly to the Board office.
- Examples of “third-party forms” are transcripts from schools, employment verifications from a supervisor, and license verifications from another state.
- Forms requiring a supervisor signature, seal, or notary may have to be MAILED to the Board office directly UNLESS the document specifically indicates to UPLOAD the document.
The requirements for this license type are provided in the following section(s).
Requirements for All Applicants
In addition to submitting the application and fee in DELPROS, you must submit:
- An official score transfer sent directly from NBCOT if you took the NBCOT examination before 2007 OR did not designate Delaware to receive your scores.
- To request the score transfer online, click NBCOT services and select Official Score Transfer.
- If you took the NBCOT examination after 2006 and designated Delaware to receive your scores, the Board office can access your scores online. You do not need to request a score transfer in this situation.
- A State of Delaware and Federal Bureau of Investigation criminal background check (CBC). Go to the Criminal Background Check Process page to find the Service Code required to obtain a State of Delaware and Federal Bureau of Investigation criminal background check. Once you have your Service Code, you will be directed to the IdentoGO website for instructions to complete the fingerprinting process.
- Criminal background checks completed for any other purpose (e.g., employment, licensure in other states) will not meet this requirement.
- State/Jurisdiction Licensure Verification sent directly from each state or jurisdiction in which you currently hold or have ever held a license.
Additional Requirement for Examination Applicants
If you are applying by examination, the following items are required in addition to the items in the previous section.
- An official transcript sent directly from the college or university to the Board office.
- Your school must be accredited by Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education (ACOTE).
- The transcript should show your field work experience.
- If you passed the exam more than three years ago, submit proof that you have completed 20 hours of continuing education (CE) in the past two years. The CE must meet the requirements in Section 3.0 of the Board’s Rules and Regulations.
Requirement for Supervising OT’s
OTs must submit the Verification of Occupational Therapy Assistant Supervision form to the Board office whenever an OTA enters or leaves the OT’s supervision.