When to Apply by Examination
File the Licensed Home Inspector by Examination application when all of the following apply:
- You do not hold current licensure/certification as a Home Inspector in any jurisdiction (state, U.S. territory or District of Columbia). If you hold current licensure/certification in another jurisdiction, you may apply by endorsement.
- You have completed 75 supervised home inspections.
Requirements for All Applicants
- Enclose the non-refundable processing fee by check or money order made payable to “State of Delaware.”
- Submit a copy of your high school diploma or transcript. Or, if you have a GED, submit confirmation of your GED.
- Arrange for the Board office to receive a certificate of Liability, Errors and Omissions Insurance, sent directly from the insurance carrier to the Board office.
- You or your employer must carry at least $50,000 of errors and omissions insurance and at least $250,000 of liability insurance.
- Submit copies of your classroom or online training certificates. Training must total 140 hours and be approved by ASHI, NAHI, or InterNACHI.
- Submit a photocopy of your Experience Log on the form approved by the Board showing that you have completed at least 75 supervised home inspections.
- If you have been a home inspector trainee or been licensed or certified as a home inspector in any jurisdiction, arrange for the Board office to receive a letter of good standing directly from each jurisdiction.