Click HERE for Important Information for Licensees struggling with mental health or substance abuse issues.

If you are unable to reach us by phone, submit your inquiry via email at More Info logo
Division of
Professional Regulation

Veterinarian Licensure

Information on How to Apply for a License in DELPROS

All applications are submitted through our online system DELPROS. We no longer accept paper applications.


In order to apply for a license or submit a service request, you must first have a DELPROS user account. To LOG IN or CREATE a DELPROS (Delaware Professional Regulation Online Services) user account:

  1. Go to:
  2. Click GO on the Apply/Manage a License and Service Requests tile.
  3. If you do not have a DELPROS user account, click the REGISTER button on the left side of page for NEW USERS.
  4. If you already have a DELPROS user account, enter your email address and password on the right side for EXISTING USERS and click the LOGIN button.

DELPROS allows you to save your incomplete application and return to it later to finish the process. You only have six (6) months to submit your application once you begin.

  • If you do not submit your application within six months of starting it, you will be required to restart the entire online application again.

You may check the status of your application online throughout the entire application process by using the “View Application Status” feature in DELPROS on your e-License dashboard.


  1. Know the requirements for the license you are pursuing.
  2. Request and gather all documents required to upload on the Attachments page. All information and forms are located on your profession’s webpages.


On the ATTACHMENTS page of your application, you may be instructed to:

  • either “attach” or “upload” the required document(s) directly to your application. This means you will find the document(s) saved on your computer or device and upload it to your application.
  • click “acknowledge.” This means you will either have to mail the documents yourself or request the “third-party” mail the document(s) directly to the Board office.
    • Examples of “third-party forms” are transcripts from schools, employment verifications from a supervisor, and license verifications from another state.
  • Forms requiring a supervisor signature, seal, or notary may have to be MAILED to the Board office directly UNLESS the document specifically indicates to UPLOAD the document.

The requirements for this license type are provided in the following section(s).


In addition to submitting the application and fee in DELPROS, you must submit:

  • Your Score Report and Credential Evaluation if you have already passed the exam. The scores can be sent directly to the Board office, see AAVSB.
    • Proof of completing 36 hours of continuing education within the previous three years if you passed the NBE/CCT or NAVLE over two years ago.
    • If you have not yet passed the NAVLE, see DPR’s webpage Examination-NAVLE for instructions or see ICVA for more details on how to register.
  • State/Jurisdiction Licensure Verification sent directly to the Board office from each state or jurisdiction in which you currently hold or ever have held a license.
  • All Non-AVMA-accredited foreign educated graduates must submit a credential evaluation before you are permitted to take the NAVLE. The evaluation must be from one of the following:
    • Canadian Veterinary Medical Association (CVMA)
    • Educational Commission for Foreign Veterinary Graduates (ECFVG)
    • Program for the Assessment of Veterinary Education Equivalence (PAVE)
  • US Graduates – An official transcript showing the degree and date you received your Veterinary degree from a AVMA-accredited college in the U.S. The transcript must be sent directly from your college to the Board.
  • If you are a student in your final year of an AVMA-accredited veterinary program, you may apply to take the NAVLE before graduation. You must submit a letter from your school verifying that you are a veterinary student in good standing and the date on which you are expected to receive your degree. The Board office must receive a final transcript from your school, showing your degree and graduation date, in order to approve you for a license.

For a list of AVMA-accredited colleges, see AVMA Veterinary Education.

Temporary Licenses

A temporary license applies when a person has applied for licensure as a veterinarian and is either being considered for licensure by reciprocity or is eligible to take the examination in addition to meeting all of the requirements listed in the Requirements section above:

  • Submit a letter from a Delaware-licensed veterinarian certifying that you will remain in the veterinarian’s continuous employ and under his or her supervision and that he or she will monitor your professional activities and be fully responsible for you while you are working under temporary licensure.

Under no circumstances should you begin practicing in Delaware before the temporary license is issued.

Related Topics:  , , , , , , , ,