Click HERE for Important Information for Licensees struggling with mental health or substance abuse issues.

If you are unable to reach us by phone, submit your inquiry via email at More Info logo
Division of
Professional Regulation

License Renewal

Information About Renewals

Architect licenses and Certificates of Authorization expire on January 31 of even years (e.g., 2020, 2022).

A few months before the expiration date of your license, a renewal notice will be sent to the email address on the record. This notice will explain how to access your online renewal application in DELPROS, our online portal. To complete the online renewal application, you must log in to your account, answer questions, and use a credit/debit card to pay your renewal fee.

All notices about professional licenses, such as renewal and audit notices, are sent by email only. It is important to keep your contact information up-to-date so that all the notices we send reach you. To check and update your contact information online, click on Manage Profile link in DELPROS.

Renewing Architect Licenses

An active license must be renewed in DELPROS every two years before the expiration date. During renewal, you are asked to attest that you have completed the required continuing education units (CE).

For information about CE requirements and audits, click on the Continuing Education and Audit Information webpage or see Section 6.2 of the Board’s Rules and Regulations. ¬†After the renewal, a percentage of licensees are randomly selected for audit of CE.

Renewing Certificates of Authorization

To renew a Certificate of Authorization (COA), the designated representative must complete the renewal application in DELPROS. A Verification of Architect-in-Charge form, which provides the Board information about the COA addresses, designated responsible architect(s)-in-charge, and ownership of the business, must be uploaded in DELPROS with the renewal application.

It is illegal to practice architecture in Delaware while your license or Certificate of Authorization is expired.

Renewing an Expired License or Certificate

If you do not complete renewal before the expiration date, your Architect license or Certificate of Authorization will expire.

You may file a late renewal application up to four months after the expiration date in DELPROS. You must pay a late fee in addition to the renewal fee. Even though you can file a late renewal application, do not resume practicing until your license is actually renewed to active status. The late period is not a “grace period.”

If you fail to renew within four months, your license/certificate will terminate. To resume practicing in Delaware, you must apply in DELPROS as a new applicant and pay the reapplication fee. As you will be issued a new license number, you will be required to obtain a new seal.

Related Topics:  , , , , ,