Click HERE for Important Information for Licensees struggling with mental health or substance abuse issues

If you are unable to reach us by phone, submit your inquiry via email at More Info logo
Division of
Professional Regulation

Manufactured Home Installer – Licensure by Reciprocity

When to Apply

If you hold a current license or certificate as a manufactured home installer in another jurisdiction (state, U.S. territory, District of Columbia), follow these instructions to apply for a license as a Manufactured Home Installer by reciprocity. If you do not hold a current license or certificate, see Manufactured Home Installer – Original Licensure.

Information on How to Apply for a License in DELPROS

All applications are submitted our online system DELPROS. We no longer accept paper applications.


In order to apply for a license or submit a service request, you must first have a DELPROS user account. To LOG IN or CREATE a DELPROS (Delaware Professional Regulation Online Services) user account:

  1. Go to:
  2. Click GO on the Apply/Manage a License and Service Requests tile.
  3. If you do not have a DELPROS user account, click the REGISTER button on the left side of page for NEW USERS.
  4. If you already have a DELPROS user account, enter your email address and password on the right side for EXISTING USERS and click the LOGIN button.

DELPROS allows you to save your incomplete application and return to it later to finish the process. You only have six (6) months to submit your application once you begin.

  • If you do not submit your application within six months of starting it, you will be required to restart the entire online application again.

You may check the status of your application online throughout the entire application process by using the “View Application Status” feature in DELPROS on your e-License dashboard.


  1. Know the requirements for the license you are pursuing.
  2. Request and gather all documents required to upload on the Attachments page. All information and forms are located on your profession’s webpages.


On the ATTACHMENTS page of your application, you may be instructed to:

  • either “attach” or “upload” the required document(s) directly to your application. This means you will find the document(s) saved on your computer or device and upload it to your application.
  • click “acknowledge” . This means you will either mail the documents yourself or request the “third-party” to mail the document(s) directly to the Board office.
    • Examples of “third-party forms” are transcripts from schools, employment verifications from a supervisor, or license verifications from another state.
  • Forms requiring a supervisor signature, seal, or notary may have to be MAILED to the Board office directly UNLESS the document specifically indicates to UPLOAD the document.


In addition to submitting the application and fee in DELPROS, you must submit:

  • A copy of your birth certificate, passport, an identification card issued by the State of Delaware or driver’s license issued by the State of Delaware to prove that you are at least 18 years old.
  • If your name is different on any submitted documents, provide a copy of a legal document showing your name change.
  • Proof that you or your employer hold a surety bond or irrevocable letter of credit for at least $10,000. This must be sent directly to the Board office from the bond company.
    • Your name must be shown on the bond or letter.
    • If a letter of credit is submitted, it must be issued by a federally-insured financial institution.
    • If a bond is submitted, the Division of Professional Regulation must be listed as the bond holder.
  • Proof of liability insurance in the amount of at least $100,000 from the insurance company. Your name must be listed on the liability insurance documentation.
  • State/Jurisdiction Licensure Verification(s) sent directly to the Board office from each state or jurisdiction in which you currently hold or have ever held a license.

Reporting Requirements

The person or entity who maintain the surety bond or irrevocable letter of credit or who maintains the liability insurance is responsible for all acts or omissions of the licensed installer and also those supervised by the installer or assisting the installer in the installation of manufactured housing.

As a licensed installer, you must notify the Board in writing, within seven days if any of the following occurs:

  • The surety bond or irrevocable letter of credit changes or is cancelled.
  • The liability insurance changes or is cancelled.

In addition, the employer must notify the Board if he/she terminates the employment of any licensee who is covered by the employer’s liability insurance or by the employer’s surety bond or irrevocable letter of credit.


Related Topics:  , , , ,