Click HERE for Important Information for Licensees struggling with mental health or substance abuse issues.

If you are unable to reach us by phone, submit your inquiry via email at More Info logo
Division of
Professional Regulation


Applying to sit for the NCEES FS, PS, and Delaware Drainage and Jurisprudence Exams

The Board of Professional Land Surveyors must approve you to sit for the NCEES Surveying Examinations, Fundamentals of Surveying (FS) and Principles and Practice of Surveying (PS), and the Delaware Drainage and Jurisprudence Examination for licensure as a Professional Land Surveyor in Delaware.

To apply to take the required exam(s), you must first create a DELPROS user account.  Go to the DELPROS online portal, and then click on Apply/Manage a License and Service Requests. If you:

  • are already an existing user, log in with your email address and password under the existing user section.
  • have not yet created a DELPROS user account, click on REGISTER.

After creating your user account or logging into the DELPROS online portal, you may begin your application for licensure to take the required exam(s).

When the Board has reviewed and approved your application, you will receive your exam authorization letter stating you have been approved to sit for the requested exam.

Registering for the NCEES FS and PS and DE Drainage and Jurisprudence Exams

Your application is valid for two years from the date you submit it in DELPROS. You will be required to complete a new online application if your application expires.

The Delaware Drainage and Jurisprudence exam is given every spring, summer, and fall in the following months:

  • March
  • July
  • November

For the NCEES FS and PS Exams, after receiving your approval letter, create your account and register online with NCEES Surveying Registration. For more information about the examination process, such as testing procedures and additional ways of registering, refer to the NCEES Examination Guide.

Re-Taking the NCEES FS, PS Exams and/or DE Drainage and Jurisprudence Exams

To request to re-take the exam(s) go to DELPROS and log in to your e-License Dashboard. Click on Service Request in the top navigation bar, then click APPLY FOR A NEW SERVICE REQUEST and select the Request for Re-Examination service request type option.

If you fail the FS or PS you must register again with NCEES Surveying Registration. You will be provided one attempt per testing window and no more than three attempts in a 12-month period.

After review and approval of your request, you will receive an email notification for approval to re-take the exam(s).

After Passing the NCEES FS, PS and DE Drainage and Jurisprudence Exams

After you take and pass the exam, allow up to two weeks for the Board office to receive your official examination score. When the Board office receives your passing score and validates that you have met all requirements for licensure, your license will be issued.

You will receive an email notification stating your license has been issued including any additional details about license renewal and/or continuing education requirements.

Related Topics:  , , , , , , ,