When to Apply
Submit the Psychologist Licensure by Reciprocity application if you hold a current Psychologist license in another jurisdiction (state, U.S. territory or District of Columbia) and at least one of the following statements is true:
- You have practiced continuously for at least two years, or
- You hold a Certificate of Professional Qualification in Psychology (CPQ), or
- You are credentialed by the National Registry of Health Service Providers in Psychology (NRHSPP).
If you don’t meet the criteria above, apply for licensure by exam.
Information on How to Apply for a License in DELPROS
All applications are submitted our online system DELPROS. We no longer accept paper applications.
PRIOR TO APPLYING
In order to apply for a license or submit a service request, you must first have a DELPROS user account. To LOG IN or CREATE a DELPROS (Delaware Professional Regulation Online Services) use r account:
- Go to: https://delpros.delaware.gov/OH_HomePage.
- Click GO on the Apply/Manage a License and Service Requests tile.
- If you do not have a DELPROS user account, click the REGISTER button on the left side of page for NEW USERS.
- If you already have a DELPROS user account, enter your email address and password on the right side for EXISTING USERS and click the LOGIN button.
DELPROS allows you to save your incomplete application and return to it later to finish the process. You only have six (6) months to submit your application once you begin.
- If you do not submit your application within six months of starting it, you will be required to restart the entire online application again.
You may check the status of your application online throughout the entire application process by using the “View Application Status” feature in DELPROS on your e-License dashboard.
KNOW YOUR REQUIREMENTS AND COLLECT YOUR DOCUMENTS
- Know the requirements for the license you are pursuing.
- Request and gather all documents required to upload on the Attachments page. All information and forms are located on your profession’s webpages.
ATTACHING AND ACKNOWLEDGING DOCUMENTS
On the ATTACHMENTS page of your application, you may be instructed to:
- either “attach” or “upload” the required document(s) directly to your application. This means you will find the document(s) saved on your computer or device and upload it to your application.
- click “acknowledge” . This means you will either have to mail the documents yourself or request the “third-party” mail the document(s) directly to the Board office.
- Examples of “third-party forms” are transcripts from schools, employment verifications from a supervisor, and license verifications from another state.
- Forms requiring a supervisor signature, seal, or notary may have to be MAILED to the Board office directly UNLESS the document specifically indicates to UPLOAD the document.
The requirements for this license type are provided in the following section(s).
Requirements for All Applicants Except CPQ or NRHSPP Holders
In addition to submitting the application and fee in DELPROS, you must submit:
- An official transcript showing that you have earned a doctoral degree from a psychological studies program specifically designed to train and prepare psychologists.
- A doctoral degree from a program accredited by the American Psychological Association (APA) or the Psychological Clinical Science Accreditation System (PCSAS) meets this requirement.
- If you do not hold a Diploma of American Board of Examiners in Professional Psychology, request to have your EPPP scores sent from the Association of State and Provincial Psychology Boards (ASPPB) directly to the Board office. To obtain a score report, see www.asppb.net.
- State/Jurisdiction Licensure Verification sent directly to the Board office from each state or jurisdiction in which you currently hold or have ever held a license.
- A State of Delaware and Federal Bureau of Investigation criminal background check (CBC). Follow the instructions on the Criminal History Record Check Authorization form to arrange to be fingerprinted. Submit both the form and payment to the State Bureau of Identification (SBI). Do not send these forms to the Board office.
- Allow at least four weeks for the SBI to send criminal history records to the Board office.
- A new criminal background check is required even if the person recently had a criminal background check done for some other reason.
Requirement for CPQ Holders
This requirement applies only if you currently hold a CPQ or you are credentialed by the NRHSPP. In addition to submitting the application and fee in DELPROS, you must submit:
- Your CPQ or NRHSPP verification (whichever pertains to you).