Click HERE for Important Information for Licensees struggling with mental health or substance abuse issues.

If you are unable to reach us by phone, submit your inquiry via email at More Info logo
Division of
Professional Regulation

Landscape Architect Licensure

When to Apply

  • Apply by examination if you:
    • have passed all parts of the Council of Landscape Architectural Registration Boards (CLARB) uniform national examination or similar uniform examination or if you wish to take the CLARB exam
    • do not hold a current license in another jurisdiction.
  • Apply by reciprocity if you hold a current license to practice landscape architecture in another jurisdiction (state, U.S. territory or the District of Columbia).

Information on How to Apply for a License in DELPROS

All applications are submitted our online system DELPROS. We no longer accept paper applications.


In order to apply for a license or submit a service request, you must first have a DELPROS user account. To LOG IN or CREATE a DELPROS (Delaware Professional Regulation Online Services) use r account:

  1. Go to:
  2. Click GO on the Apply/Manage a License and Service Requests tile.
  3. If you do not have a DELPROS user account, click the REGISTER button on the left side of page for NEW USERS.
  4. If you already have a DELPROS user account, enter your email address and password on the right side for EXISTING USERS and click the LOGIN button.

DELPROS allows you to save your incomplete application and return to it later to finish the process. You only have six (6) months to submit your application once you begin.

  • If you do not submit your application within six months of starting it, you will be required to restart the entire online application again.

You may check the status of your application online throughout the entire application process by using the “View Application Status” feature in DELPROS on your e-License dashboard.


  1. Know the requirements for the license you are pursuing.
  2. Request and gather all documents required to upload on the Attachments page. All information and forms are located on your profession’s webpages.


On the ATTACHMENTS page of your application, you may be instructed to:

  • either “attach” or “upload” the required document(s) directly to your application. This means you will find the document(s) saved on your computer or device and upload it to your application.
  • click “acknowledge” . This means you will either have to mail the documents yourself or request the “third-party” mail the document(s) directly to the Board office.
    • Examples of “third-party forms” are transcripts from schools, employment verifications from a supervisor, and license verifications from another state.
  • Forms requiring a supervisor signature, seal, or notary may have to be MAILED to the Board office directly UNLESS the document specifically indicates to UPLOAD the document.

The requirements for this license type are provided in the following section(s).

Requirements for All Applicants

In addition to submitting the application and fee in DELPROS, you must submit:

  • Evidence of your passing score of all sections of the CLARB national uniform examination or a similar landscape architecture exam.
    • The score verification may come directly from the jurisdiction where you took it or you may request an examination verification or CLARB Council record from
  • State/Jurisdiction Licensure Verification sent directly to the Board office from each state or jurisdiction in which you currently hold or have ever held a license.

Additional Requirement for Exam Applicants

The following items are required in addition to those in the section above:

  • An official transcript(s) sent directly from a school or college of landscape architecture.
    • The school or college must be approved by the National Council of Landscape Architectural Registration Boards, the American Society of Landscape Architects Landscape Architectural Accreditation Board, or other legitimate national association of landscape architects.
    • If you do not have a degree in landscape architecture, the transcript must show that you have completed two years of landscape architecture coursework.
  • A Supervisory Reference form documenting your landscape architecture experience from each licensed landscape architecture supervisor.
    • If you have a degree, then the form must show two years of experience under supervision. You may take the exam before the two years are completed, but you will not receive your license until the two years are completed.
    • If you do not have a degree, then the form must show four years of experience under supervision and you may only take the exam when the four years are completed.


Related Topics:  , , , , ,