Click HERE for Important Information for Licensees struggling with mental health or substance abuse issues.

If you are unable to reach us by phone, submit your inquiry via email at More Info logo
Division of
Professional Regulation


When to File

You may apply for an Audiology license after you passed the national exam.

Information on How to Apply for a License in DELPROS

All applications are submitted our online system DELPROS. We no longer accept paper applications.


In order to apply for a license or submit a service request, you must first have a DELPROS user account. To LOG IN or CREATE a DELPROS (Delaware Professional Regulation Online Services) user account:

  1. Go to:
  2. Click GO on the Apply/Manage a License and Service Requests tile.
  3. If you do not have a DELPROS user account, click the REGISTER button on the left side of page for NEW USERS.
  4. If you already have a DELPROS user account, enter your email address and password on the right side for EXISTING USERS and click the LOGIN button.

DELPROS allows you to save your incomplete application and return to it later to finish the process. You only have six (6) months to submit your application once you begin.

  • If you do not submit your application within six months of starting it, you will be required to restart the entire online application again.

You may check the status of your application online throughout the entire application process by using the “View Application Status” feature in DELPROS on your e-License dashboard.


  1. Know the requirements for the license you are pursuing.
  2. Request and gather all documents required to upload on the Attachments page. All information and forms are located on your profession’s webpages.


On the ATTACHMENTS page of your application, you may be instructed to:

  • either “attach” or “upload” the required document(s) directly to your application. This means you will find the document(s) saved on your computer or device and upload it to your application.
  • click “acknowledge.” This means you will either have to mail the documents yourself or request the “third-party” mail the document(s) directly to the Board office.
    • Examples of “third-party forms” are transcripts from schools, employment verifications from a supervisor, and license verifications from another state.
  • Forms requiring a supervisor signature, seal, or notary may have to be MAILED to the Board office directly UNLESS the document specifically indicates to UPLOAD the document.

The requirements for this license type are provided in the following section(s).

Requirements for All Applicants

In addition to submitting the application and fee in DELPROS, you must submit:

  • State/Jurisdiction Licensure Verification sent directly to the Board office from each state or jurisdiction in which you currently hold or have ever held a license.
    • If the state you are currently licensed in does not have substantially similar standards as Delaware, you must submit proof of a minimum of five years practice after licensure. Proof is a notarized letter from employer(s).
  • If you hold current American Speech/Language Hearing Association (ASHA) or American Board of Audiology (ABA) certification, you must submit a copy of your current ASHA or ABA certification card or verification letter.
  • If you do not hold a current ASHA or ABA certification, you must also submit the items in the next section below.
  • A State of Delaware and Federal Bureau of Investigation criminal background check (CBC). Go to the Criminal Background Check Process page to find the Service Code required to obtain a State of Delaware and Federal Bureau of Investigation criminal background check. Once you have your Service Code, you will be directed to the IdentoGO website for instructions to complete the fingerprinting process.
    • Criminal background checks completed for any other purpose (e.g., employment, licensure in other states) will not meet this requirement.

Additional Requirements for Applicants Who Do Not Hold Certification

If you do not hold current ASHA or ABA certification, you must also submit documents in addition to the Requirements for All Applicants section.

    • An official score report showing that you passed the Praxis™ Audiology national examination, sent directly from the testing service to the Board office.
    • An official transcript from an accredited college or university, sent directly from the school to the Board office.
      • The transcript must show that that you earned a doctorate degree (or its equivalent) in audiology.
      • If you were licensed as an Audiologist in Delaware or another jurisdiction before 7/10/2009, you have to submit a transcript showing a master’s degree (or its equivalent).

Reciprocity Applicants

If you hold a current license in another jurisdiction, you may apply for a license based on Reciprocity. Submit the following items in addition to those in the Requirements for All Applicants section above.

Note: If you hold current ASHA certification, apply by ASHA Certification rather than Reciprocity even if you hold a current license in another jurisdiction.

For the jurisdiction that you currently hold a license in, the Board must consider your years of practice as a Speech/Language Pathologist.

      • If you have practiced at least five years in that one jurisdiction, you must submit a notarized letter from your supervisor from each employer where you practiced in that jurisdiction verifying a total of five years of practice.
      • If you have not practiced at least five years in that one jurisdiction, you must submit copies of the laws and regulations or each jurisdiction where you hold a current license and the Board must determine if your jurisdiction’s standards are similar to Delaware’s. If the Board determines that you do not have five years of practice experience and your current state of licensure is determined to not be substantially similar to Delaware, you may not apply by reciprocity.
      • If you received your Audiologist education outside the U.S. or a U.S. territory you must upload your foreign credential for the Board office to evaluate.


Related Topics:  , , , , , , , , , , , ,