When to Apply
You are required to obtain an establishment license from the Board of Massage and Bodywork for each location where you are operating a Massage Establishment as defined by 24 Del. C. §5302 and Section 12.0 of the Board’s Rules and Regulations. Submit an application when any of the following occurs:
- You own an existing unlicensed massage/bodywork business and this is your first application for establishment licensure.
- You are opening a new establishment.
- The ownership of an existing establishment is changing (regardless of whether the name is changing).
- The name of an existing establishment is changing (regardless of whether the owner is changing).
- The location of an existing establishment is changing.
The establishment may need other licenses and permits (such as, a business license from the Division of Revenue or permit from the town/city where the establishment operates).
When NOT to Apply
You are NOT required to submit an application for an establishment if you are practicing in any of the following facilities (24 Del. C. §5302 (4)):
- long-term care facility as defined in 16 Del. C. §1131(4)
- hospital as defined in 16 Del. C. §1001(3)
- physician’s office
- physical therapy facility
- chiropractic office
- athletic training facility whether or not they employ, contract with, or rent to massage therapists
- institution of higher education when a school employee(s) practices massage therapy on its athletic teams
- currently licensed cosmetology/barbering establishment
- another business establishment licensed under Title 24 of Delaware law.
Information on How to Apply for a License in DELPROS
All applications are submitted our online system DELPROS. We no longer accept paper applications.
PRIOR TO APPLYING
In order to apply for a license or submit a service request, you must first have a DELPROS user account. To LOG IN or CREATE a DELPROS (Delaware Professional Regulation Online Services) user account:
- Go to: https://delpros.delaware.gov/OH_HomePage.
- Click GO on the Apply/Manage a License and Service Requests tile.
- If you do not have a DELPROS user account, click the REGISTER button on the left side of page for NEW USERS.
- If you already have a DELPROS user account, enter your email address and password on the right side for EXISTING USERS and click the LOGIN button.
DELPROS allows you to save your incomplete application and return to it later to finish the process. You only have six (6) months to submit your application once you begin.
- If you do not submit your application within six months of starting it, you will be required to restart the entire online application again.
You may check the status of your application online throughout the entire application process by using the “View Application Status” feature in DELPROS on your e-License dashboard.
KNOW YOUR REQUIREMENTS AND COLLECT YOUR DOCUMENTS
- Know the requirements for the license you are pursuing.
- Request and gather all documents required to upload on the Attachments page. All information and forms are located on your profession’s webpages.
ATTACHING AND ACKNOWLEDGING DOCUMENTS
On the ATTACHMENTS page of your application, you may be instructed to:
- either “attach” or “upload” the required document(s) directly to your application. This means you will find the document(s) saved on your computer or device and upload it to your application, or .
- click “acknowledge” . This means you will either mail the documents yourself or request the “third-party” to mail the document(s) directly to the Board office.
- Examples of “third-party forms” are transcripts from schools, employment verifications from a supervisor, or license verifications from another state.
- Forms requiring a supervisor signature, seal, or notary may have to be MAILED to the Board office directly UNLESS the document specifically indicates to UPLOAD the document.
In addition to submitting the application DELPROS, you must submit:
- A detailed floor plan or copies of blueprints that includes entrances and exits, length and width of establishment in feet, the total square feet and location of restrooms.
- If incorporated, the owner must submit a copy of the corporate charter and a statement of the registered agent.
- A list showing the names, addresses, license numbers and expiration dates for each owner, director, corporate officer, and employee listed on the application
All persons providing professional services in the establishment must hold the appropriate professional license.
There is no fee for this license at this time. For more information see the Board’s License Law and Rules and Regulations.