When applying for a Delaware Respiratory Care Practitioner(RCP) license, the documents you must submit depend on whether you are:
- applying for your first Delaware license, or
- reapplying for a Delaware license that lapsed over a year ago.
If you are reapplying, the requirements depend on whether or not you have been actively practicing respiratory care outside Delaware in the year before you reapply.
Information on How to Apply for a License in DELPROS
All applications are submitted our online system DELPROS. We no longer accept paper applications.
PRIOR TO APPLYING
In order to apply for a license or submit a service request, you must first have a DELPROS user account. To LOG IN or CREATE a DELPROS (Delaware Professional Regulation Online Services) user account:
- Go to: https://delpros.delaware.gov/OH_HomePage.
- Click GO on the Apply/Manage a License and Service Requests tile.
- If you do not have a DELPROS user account, click the REGISTER button on the left side of page for NEW USERS.
- If you already have a DELPROS user account, enter your email address and password on the right side for EXISTING USERS and click the LOGIN button.
DELPROS allows you to save your incomplete application and return to it later to finish the process. You only have six (6) months to submit your application once you begin.
- If you do not submit your application within six months of starting it, you will be required to restart the entire online application again.
You may check the status of your application online throughout the entire application process by using the “View Application Status” feature in DELPROS on your e-License dashboard.
KNOW YOUR REQUIREMENTS AND COLLECT YOUR DOCUMENTS
- Know the requirements for the license you are pursuing.
- Request and gather all documents required to upload on the Attachments page. All information and forms are located on your profession’s webpages.
ATTACHING AND ACKNOWLEDGING DOCUMENTS
On the ATTACHMENTS page of your application, you may be instructed to:
- either “attach” or “upload” the required document(s) directly to your application. This means you will find the document(s) saved on your computer or device and upload it to your application.
- click “acknowledge” . This means you will either mail the documents yourself or request the “third-party” to mail the document(s) directly to the Board office.
- Examples of “third-party forms” are transcripts from schools, employment verifications from a supervisor, or license verifications from another state.
- Forms requiring a supervisor signature, seal, or notary may have to be MAILED to the Board office directly UNLESS the document specifically indicates to UPLOAD the document.
Requirements for All Applicants
The requirements below pertain to all applications—both new applications and reapplications.
In addition to submitting the application and fee in DELPROS, you must submit:
- Verification of Respiratory Care Practitioner License sent directly to the Council office from each state or jurisdiction in which you currently hold or have ever held a RCP license.
- State of Delaware and Federal Bureau of Investigation criminal background checks (CBC). Follow the instructions on the Criminal History Record Check Authorization form to arrange to be fingerprinted. Submit the forms and payment to the State Bureau of Identification (SBI). Do not send these forms to the Board office.
- Allow at least four weeks for the SBI to send criminal history records to the Board office.
- A new criminal background check is required even if the person recently had a criminal background check done for some other reason.
Requirements for New Applications
These requirements pertain to applications for an initial Delaware license only, not reapplications.
In addition to submitting the application, fee, and supporting documentation required in the previous section, in DELPROS, you must also submit:
- An 8″ X 11 1/2″ copy of your Respiratory Care Practitioner diploma.
- A credential verification letter sent directly from the National Board of Respiratory Care (NBRC) to the Council office. To request verification, follow the instructions on the NBRC website at Credentialed Practitioners.
Requirements for Reapplications
These requirements apply only if you previously held a Delaware license that expired over a year ago.
In addition to submitting the application, fee, and supporting documentation required in the Requirements for All Applicants section above, in DELPROS, you must also submit:
- Proof of completion of 20 hours of continuing education in the past two years AND
- Proof that you have actively practiced respiratory care in the past year by showing at least 500 hours of active practice OR
- Proof from the NBRC that you passed the NBRC Entry Exam in the past two years if you have not actively practiced respiratory care in the past year.
For more information on…