When to Submit a Reinstatement Application
Apply for reinstatement of your RN or LPN license when you want to practice in Delaware and you either:
- hold a Delaware RN or LPN license that is in inactive status OR
- previously held a Delaware RN or LPN license that has expired and the late renewal period has ended.
If you are currently licensed in another Nurse Licensure Compact (NLC) state, you may submit a reinstatement application only if one of the following applies to you:
- you are moving to Delaware or to a state that is not a NLC state OR
- your license from your home state is not a Multistate license.
Before submitting the application in DELPROS online portal, you must:
- meet the practice requirement OR
- complete a Board-approved refresher program.
Section 6.6 of the Rules and Regulations explains these requirements.
Information on How to Apply for a License in DELPROS
All applications are submitted our online system DELPROS. We no longer accept paper applications.
PRIOR TO APPLYING
In order to apply for a license or submit a service request, you must first have a DELPROS user account. To LOG IN or CREATE a DELPROS (Delaware Professional Regulation Online Services) user account:
- Go to: https://delpros.delaware.gov/OH_HomePage.
- Click GO on the Apply/Manage a License and Service Requests tile.
- If you do not have a DELPROS user account, click the REGISTER button on the left side of page for NEW USERS.
- If you already have a DELPROS user account, enter your email address and password on the right side for EXISTING USERS and click the LOGIN button.
DELPROS allows you to save your incomplete application and return to it later to finish the process. You only have six (6) months to submit your application once you begin.
- If you do not submit your application within six months of starting it, you will be required to restart the entire online application again.
You may check the status of your application online throughout the entire application process by using the “View Application Status” feature in DELPROS on your e-License dashboard.
KNOW YOUR REQUIREMENTS AND COLLECT YOUR DOCUMENTS
- Know the requirements for the license you are pursuing.
- Request and gather all documents required to upload on the Attachments page. All information and forms are located on your profession’s webpages.
ATTACHING AND ACKNOWLEDGING DOCUMENTS
On the ATTACHMENTS page of your application, you may be instructed to:
- either “attach” or “upload” the required document(s) directly to your application. This means you will find the document(s) saved on your computer or device and upload it to your application.
- click “acknowledge.” This means you will either mail the documents yourself or request the “third-party” to mail the document(s) directly to the Board office.
- Examples of “third-party forms” are transcripts from schools, employment verifications from a supervisor, or license verifications from another state.
- Forms requiring a supervisor signature, seal, or notary may have to be MAILED to the Board office directly UNLESS the document specifically indicates to UPLOAD the document.
Requirements for All Applicants
In addition to submitting the application and fee in DELPROS, you must submit:
- A copy of your driver’s license or official identification card from the Division of Motor Vehicles.
- The state (or other jurisdiction) on the identification you provide is considered your home state of residence.
- If you don’t have a driver’s license or official identification from the Division of Motor Vehicles, you may submit a voter registration card, federal tax return, military form 2058 or a Form W-2 showing your home state of residence.
- Proof of your current nursing license if you are currently licensed in another state or jurisdiction.
- License must show an expiration date.
- If there is a signature section on your license, sign it before copying.
- A State of Delaware and Federal Bureau of Investigation criminal background check (CBC). Go to the Criminal Background Check Process page to find the Service Code required to obtain a State of Delaware and Federal Bureau of Investigation criminal background check. Once you have your Service Code, you will be directed to the IdentoGO website for instructions to complete the fingerprinting process.
- Criminal background checks completed for any other purpose (e.g., employment, licensure in other states) will not meet this requirement.
- Completion of a Board-Approved Refresher Course in the past two years if the following applies to you:
- You have NOT been actively employed a minimum of 1000 practice hours in the past five years or 400 nursing practice hours in the past two years.
- An orientation program does not take the place of a refresher course.
- See section 3.0 in the Board’s Rules and Regulations for more information.
- For Delaware Board-Approved nursing refresher programs, see Refresher Programs.