Click HERE for Important Information for Licensees struggling with mental health or substance abuse issues.

If you are unable to reach us by phone, submit your inquiry via email at More Info logo
Division of
Professional Regulation

Dental Resident Limited License

What is Dental Resident Limited Licensure?

This license is for dentists who will be starting a residency program in Delaware. Under a Dental Resident Limited license, you are allowed to practice dentistry:

  • only in the sponsoring hospital or institution named on the license
  • only under the direction of a licensed dentist employed by the sponsoring hospital or institution.

Dental Resident Limited licenses are valid for one year. If you do not complete your residency program within the year, you may renew your license to continue your limited licensure. For more information about license renewal, see License Renewal Page.

Information on How to Apply for a License in DELPROS

All applications are submitted our online system DELPROS. We no longer accept paper applications.


In order to apply for a license or submit a service request, you must first have a DELPROS user account. To LOG IN or CREATE a DELPROS (Delaware Professional Regulation Online Services) user account:

  1. Go to:
  2. Click GO on the Apply/Manage a License and Service Requests tile.
  3. If you do not have a DELPROS user account, click the REGISTER button on the left side of page for NEW USERS.
  4. If you already have a DELPROS user account, enter your email address and password on the right side for EXISTING USERS and click the LOGIN button.

DELPROS allows you to save your incomplete application and return to it later to finish the process. You only have six (6) months to submit your application once you begin.

  • If you do not submit your application within six months of starting it, you will be required to restart the entire online application again.

You may check the status of your application online throughout the entire application process by using the “View Application Status” feature in DELPROS on your e-License dashboard.


  1. Know the requirements for the license you are pursuing.
  2. Request and gather all documents required to upload on the Attachments page. All information and forms are located on your profession’s webpages.


On the ATTACHMENTS page of your application, you may be instructed to:

  • either “attach” or “upload” the required document(s) directly to your application. This means you will find the document(s) saved on your computer or device and upload it to your application.
  • click “acknowledge” . This means you will either have to mail the documents yourself or request the “third-party” mail the document(s) directly to the Board office.
    • Examples of “third-party forms” are transcripts from schools, employment verifications from a supervisor, and license verifications from another state.
  • Forms requiring a supervisor signature, seal, or notary may have to be MAILED to the Board office directly UNLESS the document specifically indicates to UPLOAD the document.

The requirements for this license type are provided in the following section(s).


As the applicant, it is your responsibility—not the responsibility of the institution or residency program—to arrange for the Board to receive the documents listed below.
In addition to submitting the application and fee in DELPROS, you must submit:

  • An official transcript of your undergraduate education, sent directly from the college/university (not the residency program) to the Board office.
  • An official transcript from your CODA-accredited dental college or university showing your degree and date of graduation. The transcript must be sent directly from the school to the Board office.
    • If a final transcript is not available by the program start date, submit a letter from your school’s dean attesting to your good academic standing.
  • A copy of your letter of acceptance into a dental residency program from the sponsoring institution. The program must be a CODA-accredited general practice residency or a CODA-approved specialty residency.
  • A copy of your current cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) certification card.
  • State/Jurisdiction Licensure Verification sent directly to the Board office from each state or jurisdiction in which you currently hold or have ever held a license.
  • A State of Delaware and Federal Bureau of Investigation criminal background check (CBC). Go to the Criminal Background Check Process page to find the Service Code required to obtain a State of Delaware and Federal Bureau of Investigation criminal background check. Once you have your Service Code, you will be directed to the IdentoGO website for instructions to complete the fingerprinting process.
    • Criminal background checks completed for any other purpose (e.g., employment, licensure in other states) will not meet this requirement.


Related Topics:  , , , ,