When to Apply
A valid Crematory Establishment Permit issued by the Board of Funeral Services is required to open or operate a crematory in Delaware when crematory is not part of a Delaware-licensed Funeral Establishment’s operation. Section 13.2.13 of the Board’s Rules and Regulations more fully explains when a crematory does not need a permit.
You should submit an application for this permit when it is a(n):
- Initial permit for a new Crematory Establishment
- New permit for a previously licensed Crematory Establishment that is relocating
- New permit for a previously licensed Crematory Establishment that has changed ownership
This permit is required in addition to any business license issued by the Division of Revenue.
Information on How to Apply for a License in DELPROS
All applications are submitted our online system DELPROS. We no longer accept paper applications.
PRIOR TO APPLYING
In order to apply for a license or submit a service request, you must first have a DELPROS user account. To LOG IN or CREATE a DELPROS (Delaware Professional Regulation Online Services) use r account:
- Go to: https://delpros.delaware.gov/OH_HomePage.
- Click GO on the Apply/Manage a License and Service Requests tile.
- If you do not have a DELPROS user account, click the REGISTER button on the left side of page for NEW USERS.
- If you already have a DELPROS user account, enter your email address and password on the right side for EXISTING USERS and click the LOGIN button.
DELPROS allows you to save your incomplete application and return to it later to finish the process. You only have six (6) months to submit your application once you begin.
- If you do not submit your application within six months of starting it, you will be required to restart the entire online application again.
You may check the status of your application online throughout the entire application process by using the “View Application Status” feature in DELPROS on your e-License dashboard.
KNOW YOUR REQUIREMENTS AND COLLECT YOUR DOCUMENTS
- Know the requirements for the license you are pursuing.
- Request and gather all documents required to upload on the Attachments page. All information and forms are located on your profession’s webpages.
ATTACHING AND ACKNOWLEDGING DOCUMENTS
On the ATTACHMENTS page of your application, you may be instructed to:
- either “attach” or “upload” the required document(s) directly to your application. This means you will find the document(s) saved on your computer or device and upload it to your application.
- click “acknowledge” . This means you will either have to mail the documents yourself or request the “third-party” mail the document(s) directly to the Board office.
- Examples of “third-party forms” are transcripts from schools, employment verifications from a supervisor, and license verifications from another state.
- Forms requiring a supervisor signature, seal, or notary may have to be MAILED to the Board office directly UNLESS the document specifically indicates to UPLOAD the document.
The requirements for this license type are provided in the following section(s).
In addition to submitting the application and fee in DELPROS, you must submit:
- A copy of your Delaware Division of Revenue business license for the crematory.
Submit a new Crematory Establishment Permit application and fee in DELPROS when:
- The ownership of previously licensed funeral establishment changes (even if name remains the same).
- A licensed Crematory Establishment moves to a new location.
Submit a Service Request for a Crematory Establishment Permit Change Request in DELPROS when:
- The Crematory Establishment’s name, not its ownership, changes.
- The Crematory Establishment’s managing certified operator changes. For more information, see Sections 13.1 and 13.2.14 of the Board’s Rules and Regulations.
There is no fee for this Service Request.