When to Apply
A valid Funeral Establishment Permit issued by the Board of Funeral Services is required to open or operate a funeral establishment in Delaware. This permit is in addition to any business license issued by the Division of Revenue.
Use this form and instructions to file an application for a(n):
- Initial permit for a new Funeral Establishment
- New permit for a previously licensed Funeral Establishment that is relocating
- New permit for a previously licensed Funeral Establishment that has changed ownership.
- Enclose the non-refundable processing fee by check or money order made payable to “State of Delaware.”
- Enclose a copy of your Delaware Division of Revenue business license for the establishment.
File a new Application for Funeral Establishment Permit when either of the following events occur:
- The ownership of previously licensed funeral establishment changes (even if name remains the same)
- A licensed Funeral establishment moves to a new location.
When neither of the above events has occurred, file a Funeral Establishment Permit Change Request form to report the following. No fee is required to report these events:
- The Funeral Establishment’s name, not its ownership, changes.
- The managing Funeral Director of the Funeral Establishment changes.