Click HERE for Important Information for Licensees struggling with mental health or substance abuse issues.

If you are unable to reach us by phone, submit your inquiry via email at More Info logo
Division of
Professional Regulation

Controlled Substances Registration – Facilities

General Information

A facility is required to have a Delaware controlled substances registration (CSR) when it will store controlled substances in Delaware or dispense/distribute controlled substances to, in or out of Delaware. These facilities include pharmacies, hospital/clinic pharmacies, provider pharmacies, distributors, manufacturers, and researcher/laboratory facilities.

  • Pharmacies, hospital/clinic pharmacies, provider pharmacies, distributors, and manufacturers must hold a Delaware professional license issued by the Board of Pharmacy, also referred to as a pre-requisite license, before a CSR application will be processed.
    • You must hold an active Delaware professional license before your application for controlled substance registration (CSR) can be submitted.
      • If you do not already hold a Delaware professional license, apply for a professional license in DELPROS online portal.
  • Clinics, research facilities and laboratories do NOT need a professional license, or pre-requisite license, from the Board of Pharmacy but do need a controlled substance registration.
  • If controlled substances will be dispensed, you must report ALL controlled substances that you dispense to the Delaware Prescription Monitoring Program (PMP). For instructions on registering for the PMP, see the Uploader Guide.
  • In-state facilities where controlled substances are stored for patient administration will be inspected before the CSR is issued.
  • If the facility relocates or its ownership changes after a CSR is issued, you must reapply for a new registration.

Information on How to Apply for a License in DELPROS

All applications are submitted our online system DELPROS. We no longer accept paper applications.


In order to apply for a license or submit a service request, you must first have a DELPROS user account. To LOG IN or CREATE a DELPROS (Delaware Professional Regulation Online Services) user account:

  1. Go to:
  2. Click GO on the Apply/Manage a License and Service Requests tile.
  3. If you do not have a DELPROS user account, click the REGISTER button on the left side of page for NEW USERS.
  4. If you already have a DELPROS user account, enter your email address and password on the right side for EXISTING USERS and click the LOGIN button.

DELPROS allows you to save your incomplete application and return to it later to finish the process. You only have six (6) months to submit your application once you begin.

  • If you do not submit your application within six months of starting it, you will be required to restart the entire online application again.

You may check the status of your application online throughout the entire application process by using the “View Application Status” feature in DELPROS on your e-License dashboard.


  1. Know the requirements for the license you are pursuing.
  2. Request and gather all documents required to upload on the Attachments page. All information and forms are located on your profession’s webpages.


On the ATTACHMENTS page of your application, you may be instructed to:

  • either “attach” or “upload” the required document(s) directly to your application. This means you will find the document(s) saved on your computer or device and upload it to your application.
  • click “acknowledge.” This means you will either have to mail the documents yourself or request the “third-party” mail the document(s) directly to the Board office.
    • Examples of “third-party forms” are transcripts from schools, employment verifications from a supervisor, and license verifications from another state.
  • Forms requiring a supervisor signature, seal, or notary may have to be MAILED to the Board office directly UNLESS the document specifically indicates to UPLOAD the document.

The requirements for this license type are provided in the following section(s).


In addition to the submitting the application and fee in DELPROS, you may have to submit:

  • Documentation if any officer, owner or pharmacist of the facility is convicted of a felony or misdemeanor related to the manufacture, distribution or dispensing of controlled substances.
  • Documentation if any previous CSR registration has ever been surrendered, revoked, suspended, denied or any other such disciplines.


Related Topics:  , , , , ,