How to Request Continuing Education(CE) Course Approval
If you know or have any doubt that a CE course that you have taken or want to take is not approved by the Board, you should request to have the course reviewed and approved by the Board. You must use the DELPROS online portal to request approval of the CE course(s) through a Service Request. For more information on how to submit courses for approval or many other types of service requests for this profession, see the Pharmacy Service Requests webpage.
It is important to have all of your course documentation available as you must upload the information in the Service Request application.
Continuing Education Requirement
The amount of continuing education (CE) that you are required to complete depends on when your license was issued during the full licensure period. If it is your first renewal, you are required to complete:
- 1.25 hours for each month between the initial date of licensure and the biennial renewal date
Active Pharmacist licensees must complete 30 hours of approved CE during each full licensure renewal period between October 1 to September 30 even-numbered years (2020-2022, etc.) and must include the following:
- At least 2 hours of CE in the area of medication safety/errors and
- At least 2 hours of CE in the area of administering injectable medications, biological and adult immunizations if trained and are an authorized “Immunizing Pharmacist” and
- At least 2 hours of CE in:
- the distribution, dispensing or delivery of controlled substances; or
- the detection and recognition of symptoms, patterns of behavior, or other characteristics of impairment and dependency resulting from the abusive or illegal use of controlled substances.
For complete information on the CE requirements, see Section 1.4 and sections 188.8.131.52 of the Board’s Rules and Regulations.
General Audit Information
Random audits are performed by the Board to ensure compliance with the license requirements. Licensees that are selected for the random audit must verify that they have maintained the required continuing education and any other information required by the Board to confirm their continued eligibility for the license. For complete information, see Section 1.6 and 14.1 of the Board’s Rules and Regulations.
Do not upload any CE documentation into DELPROS unless notified that you have been selected for audit.
If you are selected for audit, you must upload a copy of:
- the CPE Monitor Log from NABP for ACPE-approved courses
- the certificate of attendance, course agenda, brochures, outlines or syllabi foreach CE course that you entered in the CE Tracker in DELPROS for non-ACPE approved courses.
Entering Continuing Education in the CE Tracker
Continuing Education (CE) is tracked in DELPROS, the Delaware Professional Regulation Online Service. To enter your CE, you must first create a DELPROS user account. Go to the DELPROS online portal, and then click on Apply/Manage a License and Service Requests. If you:
- are already an existing user, log in with your email address and password under the existing user section.
- have not yet created a DELPROS user account, click on REGISTER.
After creating your user account or logging into the DELPROS online portal, you may begin entering your CE.
- Click on the CONTINUING EDUCATION link in the dark blue banner at the top of the page.
- Search and select your License Number to add courses to the CE Tracker for that Profession and License Type.
- Click on ADD COURSE button and enter all required information, marked by an (*):
- Course Provider, enter “CE for Audit”.
- Course Name, enter “CPE Monitor Log”, for all ACPE-approved courses.
- Hours, enter the total number of CE hours completed for this audit period.
- Category, leave the field blank as it is not required.
- Completion Date, enter the date of the course you last completed. Click SAVE.
- Enter only one of the CPE courses into the CE tracker, attach the required NABP CPE Monitor Log Documentation in a single document (e.g., pdf, word document). To upload your documentation, click the “up arrow” icon next to the trashcan icon on the CE for Audit course you entered. Select the document(s) then click OPEN to attach the file(s). For ACPE-approved courses, the CPE Monitor Log from NABP is acceptable documentation.
- You will get a message of Success if the information you entered was created successfully.
- For non-ACPE approved CE courses you must provide acceptable documentation to verify attendance.
- Examples of acceptable documentation include certificates, signed letters from the sponsor attesting to your attendance, and/or reports of passing test scores.
- The documentation must include: Your Name, Course Name, Course Provider, Course Dates, and Hours of Attendance.
- Click on CONTINUE to add more courses, upload documents, or delete entries if you made an error.
When you are done, click on your Dashboard on the dark blue banner at the top of the page to renew your license or choose another service.